Chapter 1

A/N This is only the first chapter, I promise it will get better!

****

"But mum!" I whined. "I don't wanna go!"

"You're going and that's final. Your father was a great rider, your grandfather was a great rider, your great-grandfather was a great rider-"

"Okay I get it!" I held my hands up in defeat.

"Pack your stuff, you'll be leaving in two days."

My mum left the room after that and I flopped down on my king-sized bed. I pushed the intercom button and told one of my servants to come up to my room.

Piare, a French man, came in seconds later and stepped to my side, bowing respectfully.

"What is your request Prince Louis?"

"Pack my stuff, my mother is making me go to a riding school for the summer."

"Yes sir."

Piare was my favorite servant. He was also one of my best friends. Since I was the prince of England, I didn't have many normal friends, not that I had time for them. I was preparing to become king. I could sing, I could dance, I could act, I could fence, basically I could do everything that required talent, except ride horses.

My family has a long line of professional riders, but unfortunately I didn't inheritance that talent, because I was terrible at riding. I always fell off! Even my own father couldn't teach me, he gave up on me a long time ago.

So now, my mum is forcing me to go to some stupid school in London that teaches you how to ride horses the proper way.

I grumbled when Piare let me know he had finished packing. He left me alone in my room to think and soon I fell asleep.

**

"Goodbye mum." I huffed.

"Behave Louis." She warned.

It took three hours, but we were now at the riding school called "Style's Stables." I watched as a boy with short brown hair unloaded my horse. The dumb horse had cost us 80,000 pounds, I wanted to make sure they didn't hurt him. Just as I feared, the horse flipped out at the sound of it's hooves on the metal floor of the trailer and tried to rear up.

The boy was knocked down and he started screaming for someone named Harry.

A few seconds later, a boy with curly hair came running out of the stables, took one look at my horse and slowed his steps. He carefully took the lead rope attached to Snowy's halter and tugged lightly. He started talking quietly and Snowy's ears flicked back. Harry patted his neck and the horse calmed down some. With a little more effort Harry managed to back my horse down the ramp.

"Sorry Harry, I don't know what happened, he just freaked out all the sudden."

"It's fine Liam, he was probably just scared." Harry told the brown haired boy, who I supposed was named Liam.

"Whose horse is this anyways?" Harry looked into Snowys eyes and smiled. "He's beautiful."

"He's mine." I set my hands on my hips and glared at the boys. "I expect him to be perfectly groomed every day and he must have the best feed available."

Harry faced me and my breath shortened slightly. He had beautiful green eyes and I had always had a sweet spot for green eyes.

"Of course, and you would be?"

"Louis Tomlinson." I rolled my eyes.

How did he not know who I was? I'm the Prince of England for crying out loud!

"Wait! You're the prince aren't you? I knew you looked familiar." Liam exclaimed.

"Yes." I smirked.

"Boys! You are to show Mr. Tomlinson respect do you understand? Liam, carry his bags and show him to his room. Harry, put his horse in the box stall." Paul, the owner, said.

"But that's where Missy is." Harry frowned.

"Move her. The Tomlinsons requested that Snowy be placed in a box stall."

Harry sighed heavily and started walking my horse back to the stables. Liam took the bags that were at my feet and led me to a house not too far from the barn. It was a small white house, but it was larger on the inside. There were two houses, one for the boys and one for the girls. He led me to the boys cabin and I chose the bed closest to a window. Liam told me to get him if I needed him, then left. I grudgingly unpacked my stuff, then slipped off my toms and pulled on my old green converse. I hadn't worn them in a few years and they pinched my toes.

I went to the barn again and entered the double doors. Snowy's head was hanging over the stall door and he puffed out a breath when he saw me. A golden plate was on the front of his stall door that read 'Dancing In The Snow'. Next to that, his feeding chart hung on a metal hook.

I peeked in at him and noticed that his light grey coat had been brushed until it was shining. After I was satisfied that he had been taken care of, I walked down the isles looked at all the other horses. I stopped at the last stall and looked in at the horse. It all seemed odd to me.

The lights were turned off in the stall and the horse was cowering against the far wall of the stall. Even in the dim lighting I could make out the scars and hairless patches on it's body. I glanced at the nameplate reading 'Mystique' However there was no feeding chart beside it, nor was there a stable hand assigned to her stall. I held out my hand and clucked my tongue, trying to get her to come to me, but she just hung her head low to the ground and stomped her foot.

I unlatched the gate and stepped inside, walking slowly towards the horse. I got close enough to pet her and reached out my hand to her glistening neck. As soon as I touched her, she swung her rear end around and hit me in the side, making me fall to the ground. Mystique reared up and her hooves were inches away from my face when someone pulled be back by my arms, making her hooves miss my face by inches. The person dragged me from the stall then dropped me on the floor in the isle.

I sat up, wincing, and looking back into the stall. Harry was standing by the horse, talking softly to her and stroking her back. She had stopped kicking, but she was still antsy. He patted her for a few more minutes, before closing the stall behind him, then rounding on me.

"What were you thinking? She is off limits! Do you know how long it will take me to calm her down now? Not only did I have to move her for your horse, but now you've upset her even more!" He yelled.

I cowered on the ground and mumbled an apology. Why was he so uptight anyways? Its not like I meant for it to happen.

"I'm sorry." He sighed. "Are you alright?"

He held out his hand and I took it, then he pulled me up to my feet with surprising strength. Just looking at his lanky form, you wouldn't think he would be strong. I wiped the shavings off my pants and shook my hair out.

"I'm fine, but you should really have that horse looked at." I scoffed.

Harry frowned and rolled his eyes.

"Look, just stay away from Missy okay?"

"Someone's possessive." I smirked.

"I have a reason to be."

With that, Harry turned his back to me and grabbed a pitchfork, going into a stall and scooped up the poop and wet shavings. I was about to ask him what he meant by that, but I decided it wasn't worth it. There was something off about Harry and I wanted to know what.