Chapter 14

“Come here girl.” Harry said softly, holding his palm out to Missy. She snorted, but remained in the back corner of her stall. “Please.” He whispered brokenly.

It’d been a week since the incident and Missy still hadn’t eaten and was acting weird. We called the vet but he couldn’t get close to her to check her out. Harry was recently allowed to walk on crutches for short amounts of time and he insisted on spending every last minute with Missy. It was like I didn’t even exist.

“Harry you need to go lay down. It’s been over an hour.”

“I’m fine.” He said bitterly. “Come on Miss.” He wiggled the carrot but Missy did nothing. “What’s the matter?”

I thought it was kinda insane. He was talking to her as if she were a person who could understand him. I took his elbow and gently tugged. He glared at me, but started towards the stairs. He stopped at the bottom and crossed his arms, leaning his crutches against the wall.

I lifted him bridal style and carried him up the stairs, then I went back and got his crutches. He flipped on the TV and sat up in the bed, propping his foot up on a pillow.

“You don’t have to be such an ass, I’m just trying to help.”

“I can take care of myself.” He grumbled.

“What is your problem?” I threw my hands up. “I have been nothing but nice and helpful and I didn’t complain when you wanted to spend all your time with Missy or talking about her or thinking about her. I listened because I care about you for some unfathomable reason!”

“My ankle is broken, my horse has gone insane and now so have you!” He shouted back.

“What do you want from me Harry?”

“I don’t know! I’ve never done this before.” He growled. “I don’t have all the answers.”

“Well come find me when you do.” I snapped.

I turned on my heel and slammed the door behind me.

Who does he think he is? You can’t treat the Prince like that! I shoved Zach out of the way when he tried to talk me and I went straight to Snowy’s stall. I sat in the back corner of his stall and tried to calm myself down, but it was nearly impossible.

I hated him. He was such a little brat. I was being nice, I tried to help him. He’s an unappreciative bastard.

**

Harry didn’t come to dinner, but I saw Niall carrying two trays out of the cafeteria so I assumed he was going to eat with Harry. I sat at a table by myself since all the boys hated me and the girls could only think about the fact that I was the prince. Over half of them had tried flirting with me and a few even asked me out on a date. I said no of course, not because of Harry, but because they were all stuck up snobs.

I finished my dinner in record time. I felt like a loser for sitting at a table by myself. He should be the one sitting alone. I was on my way to the barn when I realized I would have to find somewhere else to sleep. I couldn’t sleep in my cabin and I definitely couldn’t sleep in Harry’s room. I thought briefly about asking Paul if I could stay in the staff house, but I quickly shot the idea down.

If I told Paul he would get mad at me for upsetting Harry, even though it wasn’t my fault.

I sighed as I unclipped Snowy’s stall, taking a moment to wipe some mud of his nameplate. It looked so fancy scrawled across the gold plaque. Dancing In The Snow. I always thought it was a strange name, that’s why I called him Snowy.

I sat in the back corner of the stall where there were fresh shavings. Snowy simply glanced at me then continued munching on his hay. I put my earphones in and closed my eyes, shifting to get comfortable.