Chapter 8

I slept in the next morning. I felt like I deserved a break after everything.

When I finally decided to get up I pulled on some shorts and a blue t-shirt then went to the Dining Hall for lunch. I noticed Harry and Liam weren't there, but I forced myself not to jump to conclusions. They were probably tending to the horses or something.

When it was time for my lesson I went out to the barn at tacked Snowy up while pretending to listen to whatever Zach was saying. He had been getting on my nerves lately. All he talked about were the girls and how much he hated Harry or Liam or any of the staff. I wanted to defend Harry, I just didn't know how. So instead, I let him rant to me, eventually learning to tune him out.

I was glad when the lesson started and I had an excuse to get away from him, but I was also nervous. Today was the final day of tryouts for our teams and I really hoped I'd do well. I squirmed in my saddle and clucked my tongue at Snowy to move him forward.

Unfortunately today we were practicing jumping. They called out the course and one by one we went through it. Most of us cleared it, but a few poles were knocked down. I went clear my first round, but the second round I got too close to a jump and Snowy skidded to a halt, throwing me over his head.

I heard a crunch as my shoulder made contact with the ground and I let out a small cry of pain. Someone grabbed Snowy while Liam and Zayn helped me to my feet. I hissed when Liam grabbed my hurt arma little too tightly. Something told me he was doing it on purpose. I get the feeling he doesn't like me very much.

They led me to the first aid room and seconds later Harry showed up. Liam and Zayn said something to him that I couldn't hear and then they walked away, leaving him standing there with a dumbstruck look on his face. I wondered what they'd said to him.

"Somehow we keep ending up here." He chuckled. "You should be more careful."

"It's not like I meant to fall off!" I said defensively.

"Well I sure hope not." Harry rolled his eyes and scoffed.

This brought a small smile to my lips. He could be kind of funny when he wasn't being a jackass.

"So, what did you hurt now?"

I pointed at my shoulder and he nodded. He bent over so he was at eye level with me and began prodding at my shoulder. I winced as he poked a particularly sore spot, but he didn't seem to care and just kept examining my shoulder.

He put one hand under my bicep and applied pressure to the front of my shoulder with his other hand. Then he moved it in a circle a few times. I bit my lip to stop myself from yelling at him because it was extremely painful. He gave one final push then he released my arm.

He turned around and began rummaging through some boxes. He had a nice bum even though it was kind of small. Did I really just think that? I must have hit my head when I fell.

"Take off your shirt."

I was glad he was turned around because panic was written all over my face. I'd seen Liam and Zayn and Niall shirtless and they were all much more toned than I was. Wait, why do I care? It's just Harry. I played with the hem of my shirt nervously until Harry turned back around, giving me a curious look.

I snapped out of my daze and pulled my shirt over my head, holding it in my lap and doing my best to suck in the little pouch I had on my lower belly. Harry's eyes roamed my torso and I felt self consciousness starting to kick in. He shook his head, blinking, then put his hand on my shoulder again, jabbing his thumb into it.

I gasped and instinctively grabbed his hand that was hanging at his side. He froze and looked down at our hands, but my gaze was already there and I was freaking out. A warmth was spreading up my arm and my fingers felt tingly, almost numb.