Chapter 7

The trail ride seemed to take forever and I was worn out by the end of it. All I could think about was what Harry had said. I mean, how could he think no one cares about him? Does he really have that low of an opinion about himself. I'm not sure when it happened, but I cared about him. A lot. Probably more than I should.

I walked Snowy in a circle to cool him off and brushed the remnants of dirt off of him so he was clean again for inspections.

I grabbed my sketch book and circled around the woods until I had a clear view of Missy. I slid down against a tree trunk and slowly began sketching the outline of a horse. When I was finished with my drawing, I closed my book and headed back the stables.

I ate lunch then had a nice chat with my mum and sisters. Since it was still a couple hours before dinner, I decided to take a quick nap.

After inspections I showered then went to dinner. I didn't see Harry or Liam, or any of the staff for that matter. Only a few trainers remained with worried looks on their faces. It unnerved me for some odd reason, but I tried not to let it get to me.

**

Harry wasn't at the barn the next morning and everything seemed to have a gloomy tone. It was as if all the happiness of the place had been sucked right out. Even the weather was overcast and looked sour.

Surprisingly, Missy was still in her pasture, but even she had a sad look in her eyes. She stood in the far back corner staring longingly at the woods. I tried calling her over to me, but she wouldn't budge. She just stared sadly at the trees.

I went through the day normally, hoping I'd at least catch a glance of Harry so I'd know he was okay, but I never saw him.

I found it strange that Niall wouldn't touch his food at lunch. Every time I had seen him he was scarfing down food, so what had changed? Liam sat with his head down next to Niall and Zayn was just sitting quietly, sharing his ipod with Josh. It was weird, usually they would be chatting and laughing.

The trainers all seemed off during my lesson, like they weren't completely focused on the task at hand. I was starting to get frustrated, what's going on with everyone? And where's Harry?

After I put Snowy away I snuck up to Harry's room and peeked inside. He wasn't there. I stormed back down the steps and went straight to Paul's office. He wasn't there either. Where is everyone? I marched back to my cabin and proceeded to scream into my pillow.

At dinner that night Paul caught me by the arm and dragged me outside. I rubbed the spot where he yanked me and scowled at him.

"What the hell is going on, why is everyone acting so weird, and where have you been?"

"Harry's missing."

My mind instantly went blank and the only thing I could focus on was Harry. It was likes someone in my head was constantly repeating a mantra of 'harryharryharry'.

"What? Since when?"

"Since last night. He just disappeared and now no one can find him, but we need to. There's going to be a storm tonight and if he's outside or lost he could get hurt. I've seen you talking to him a lot lately, so that's why I'm trusting that you won't make things worse. We need all the help we can get. Tonight all of the staff are going on a search. We will find Harry before the night is over. Now, go saddle up Snowy."

"Yes sir." I nodded and quickly ran off to get Snowy and myself ready.

All I could think about was Harry cold and alone some where about to freeze to death in the pouring rain. I knew it was summer, but I wasn't thinking clearly. I was going to find Harry and I was going to bring him back.