Chapter 9

Harry's POV

When I woke up the next morning it was only because my alarm went off. I reluctantly rolled away from Louis and turned it off. It was still pouring outside and I wasn't really in the mood to go feed the horses, so I grabbed my phone. I started to call Liam, but then I remembered our fight, so I called Niall instead.

"Hey, can you take care of the horses today. I'll do yours Wednesday."

"Sure." He grumbled.

"Thanks."

I hung up and threw my phone back on the table and laid back down. When I looked to my right Louis was blinking sleepily back at me. I forced a smile down and cleared my throat.

"How's your shoulder?"

" 's a bit sore."

I almost groaned at how his voice sounded in the morning. I want to hate him so badly, but I just can't. One minute he's rude and snobby, then the next he's sweet and caring. I'm just so confused.

"You should probably put some ice on it. I doubt there will be lessons today." I inwardly smiled. That meant I could lay in bed all day.

"What time is it?"

"Five AM."

Louis groaned loudly and pulled the covers over his head.

"Why on Earth would you get up at 5AM?! That's a crime to humanity."

A surprised laugh escaped me and I slapped a hand over my mouth. I haven't laughed in so long. Damn you Louis Tomlinson.

"Someone has to take care of the horses. Luckily Niall said he'd take my shift."

Louis peeked out from under the covers and I can honestly say it was adorable. I shifted further down under the covers, trying to get warm.

I was still reeling from my fight with Liam. How could he say all that to me.

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" My eyelids began to droop, so I let them fall closed.

"You'll just be staring off into space, then you scrunch up your eyebrows and you get this blank look on your face."

"Just thinking." I shrugged.

We laid in silence for a while. Neither us us even moved. Louis was the one who eventually broke the silence.

"Do you like him back?" He blurted, showing his full face.

I was a little surprised at the sad yet hopeful look on his face. I watched his facial expression for a few more seconds before answering.

"Liam's like my brother. I couldn't ever like him that way. It just wouldn't feel right." I sighed.

Louis sighed too, but his was more of a relieved sigh. I was going to question him about that, but he rolled onto his side, facing away from me, before I could. I frowned.

I tried to fall back asleep, but I couldn't seem to get comfortable, which was weird because I was always able to get comfortable. The worst part was that I couldn't even take a sleeping pill because it was morning and that would throw my sleep schedule way off.

I tugged gently on Louis's arm and he finally rolled onto his back. He didn't say anything, just layed there with his eyes closed, breathing silently.

I hesitantly rested my head on his good shoulder and splayed my hand across his chest for support. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled down at me.