Buck's party pt 2

"Hey Soda," did Pony sound as stupid as he felt?

"Hey... Soda? HEY SODA?!" he shoved the beer he'd grabbed back into Jessie's hand and snatched Ponyboy up by his collar.

"Woah! What do you think you're doing man?" Dean stood up, not understanding what was happening.  He went to take Ponyboy from Soda's grasp, thinking Soda was just being a punk.

Curly stopped him quickly, not wanting to see the boy get socked. Soda looked pissed, "Sodapop is Pony's brother." he hissed softly.

"Oh shit," Dean backed off immediately. 

"What in God's name do you think you're doing here?!" Soda gave Pony a good shake.

"I- Uh."

"Wait. Have you been drinking?!" He saw the bottle that had fell from Pony's hand and hit the ground after Soda had shaken him. Ponyboy tried to speak, but no words came out - he just gapped his mouth open and shut like a a fish. Soda leaned in to smell the boy's breath, confirming his accusation.

"It was just one! And I didn't even drink it all!"

"You are in a world of trouble Ponyboy, let's go!" He dragged his kid brother away. "Let's go Steve!" He turned to look at his friend, who was drinking at a beer.

"Yeah, coming." He followed behind his friend, beer still in hand. "Damn kid, you really shocked the hell outta me." Steve said watching Pony get dragged to his car.

"In the backseat. Now." Soda opened the backseat of Steve's car, watching as Ponyboy scrambled into the back seat, yelping quietly when he felt a single smack hit his bottom.

Pony looked back at his brother after he received the smack, sitting down. "Soda -"

"I don't want to hear it Ponyboy. Buckle up, we're going home." Ponyboy quickly got his seatbelt on as Soda closed the door and got into the passenger seat.

"Shit Soda, I've never seen ya so hot." Steve tossed his bottle out the car window before revving it to life. It was true, usually Soda was all smiles and jokes. He didn't get upset often, and the gang had never seen him yell at Ponyboy.

"Well it's not every day I find my baby brother, who is GROUNDED," he rose his voice a little so Ponyboy knew good and well Soda was not happy, "at a place he is BANNED from being at, and DRINKING at twelve years old!"

Ponyboy shrank into the backseat, he was really in for it. "I couldn't believe it when I saw him. Sitting there with a beer in his hand!" Steve actually laughed at the situation! "Kid usually never goes against you! I mean, I know he likes to push Darry's buttons - but he thinks you're a God or some shit. Hangin' on to your every word."

"Can y'all not talk about me like I ain't here?" Ponyboy grumbled, suddenly getting a surge of confidence (more like attitude). It wasn't fair! Soda was only fifteen, and he wasn't allowed at Buck's either! He also wasn't allowed to drink unless it was at home where Darry could keep an eye on him. Darry said they could try drinking when they turned fifteen, but it was only allowed at the house under his supervision. And no more than one bottle.

"You better watch it!" Soda whipped his head around, his eyes hard. He was completely and utterly pissed. He was also scared. When he saw his baby brother at Buck's, he'd panicked a little. Pony was way too young to be getting involved with the type of guys that hung around Buck's. "I am not happy, not one bit!" He sounded so much older than fifteen as he scolded the kid. "You know Darry's rules! You are not to be caught within a hundred yards of Buck's place, and you are NOT allowed to be drinking!"

"You were doing the same! You only caught me cause you were somewhere you weren't supposed to be too!"

"I swear Ponyboy Michael, if you don't loose this little attitude I will have Steve pull over and I can humble you right here and now!" He sounded just like Darry.