I hate you

"Darry stop -!" Soda ran inside the DX station when his big brother came towering towards him.

"Sodapop come here this second."

"I said sorry!" Soda yelled as he raced away from Darry's grasp.

"You're about to be a hell of a lot sorrier in a minute!" 

Soda was currently in trouble because he had skipped three days of school in a row to come work at the DX. And Darry had gotten a phone call today from the principal at the end of the school day asking about Soda and if he was sick. He knew exactly where to look for his brother.

"Darry I'm at work for God's sake!"

"You were SUPPOSED to be at school!" Soda ran past a customer and behind the cash register, trying to get away from Darry.

"H-hi. All ready?" Soda asked with a shaky smile at the customer. "Ow!" Darry had marched over and snatched Soda by his ear.

"Steve can take over for now, can't you Steve?" Darry turned to Steve, who was awkwardly restocking a shelf.

"Y-yeah. How can I help you ma'am?" He came over to the lady at the counter.

"Ow ow ow! Stop it's embarrassing!" Soda yelped out as he was dragged towards the garage by his ear. As if his own actions of running around the building trying to avoid his brother weren't embarrassing to begin with.

"You want embarrassing?! I'll give you embarrassing!" He stopped to maneuver Soda under his arm and against his left side before he started to land fast smacks to his jean covered bottom right there in front of Steve and three customers!

The adults in the gas station didn't even blink, they ignored it as if the scene before them was something they witnessed everyday. But Steve squirmed behind the counter, trying not to look over at his best friend getting his ass fried. "Darry stop! You can't spank me!"

"Oh really? Because it looks like I am! What in God's name were you thinking? Skipping school three days in a row?! Huh!? How about I tell your boss you have to quit?" Soda started to kick his legs, the sting in his bottom was building quickly - but he already had tears in his eyes from the mortification of being spanked like a little child while he was AT WORK. "I get a phone call from your principal while I'm at work asking where you've been! If you're sick?! Sodapop Patrick Curtis I have half a mind to blister your butt all the way to your school!"

"STOP STOP!" Soda screeched when Darry's hand went for the button of his jeans. "Please Darry! This is humiliating!"

Darry didn't seem to even hear the begs from his kid brother. He just unsnapped his jeans and yanked them down to his thighs before peppering Soda's backside with more heavy smacks. "When I am through with you. we are going straight to your school where you'll get every assignment you've missed and then I will take you home and you'll get started on it! And if I even hear a whisper of an attitude you'll be getting more of this at home!"

Darry was pissed. He'd been letting Soda skip school once a week to have an extra shift at the DX. And how did he repay him? By lying and skipping even more! He knew Soda wanted to drop out as soon as he turned sixteen, but until then he expected the boy to listen. They didn't need a truancy case on top of everything else. Soda's legs were kicking up a storm, the few customers in the station had finished their shopping and were gone. But Steve was left to awkwardly stand and listen.

"And you!"

"Me?!" Steve jumped when Darry yelled at him.

"Ow ow!" Soda was still yelling and voicing his pain.

"You knew this whole time! Steve Randle I ought to spank you too for keeping this from me and not trying to stop him!"

"What?! No way!"  Hopefully Darry wasn't serious, because if so he WOULD spank the other boy.