Bowling

Finally! Darry was finally giving Soda a small taste of freedom again. He left school with Steve, they were headed to the bowling alley. They planned on buying a of couple games and eating a distasteful combo of hotdogs, nachos, and cokes.

"Darry letting you out the house again?" Steve asked as they drove to the bowling alley.

"I dunno for how long. He only said something about going out today. And curfew is seven-thirty, plus he said if I'm even two minutes late he's gonna let me have it. He really doesn't trust me right now." His face fell a little. Only a few months ago and Darry had trusted him enough to babysit Ponyboy for an entire weekend. Now he couldn't even leave the house.

"Damn. Darry's a real hardass."

"Yeah. He can be." 

When they got to the bowling alley, Two-Bit and Dally were there as well. The two boys leaning against the building with smokes in their mouths. "Hey! Ready to get creamed?" Dally said with a grin.

"In your dreams Winston." Steve retorted as the older boy flicked his cigarette out and they all went inside.

The four boys settled in easily, Two-Bit took over the jukebox. He added a handful of nickels into the machine and loaded up the que with forty-five minutes worth of songs before hopping over to their lane. "You ready to make some trouble?" He grinned.

"I'm ready to kick your ass in a game of bowling." Soda replied as he slipped his rental shoes on.

"Here you boys are." A cute blonde girl that was probably seventeen came over with a handful of cokes and hotdogs on a tray. She sat it down, and Dally leaned back to stare at her ass.

"Thanks dollface." His face broke out in a smirk.

"Let me know if you need anything else, alright?"

"Oh I will." Dally replied.

"Thanks." Soda flashed her his movie star smile as she turned around and walked away. Her hips swaying, and all four boys oogled at the sight.

"Damn." Steve whistled lowly.

When she was out of view, they turned their attention back to one another. They readied up their game and then started to play. Darry completely crushed them the first game. "I'm gonna order some fries. You want anything?" Soda asked, getting up.

"Some nachos!" Two-Bit said as he dug in his pocket for some change.

"And a Coke for me." Darry said coolly as he flipped a quarter to him.

"Alright." He went over to the snack bar. The blonde girl from earlier behind the counter. "Excuse me miss?"

She turned and smiled, "what can I get for you?"

"An order of fries, nachos, and a large coke please." He handed her the money after she rang him up.

"You boys having fun?"

"Trying. My pal Dally is a real star at bowling. He's killing us."

"You hold up pretty well from what I saw."

"You been watching me?"

She smiled a little as she started working on his order, "I always watch the best looking players here."

"You must've been watching my buddy Two-Bit then." She laughed. "What's a pretty girl like you do here all evening anyways?"

She handed him a tray filled with his order, "wait around for a handsome guy to order a coke and sweep me off my feet."