27

Ponyboy woke up first, he opened his eyes to see he was cuddled against Darry's chest - who had him in a one arm hug and was fast asleep. He wiggled out of Darry's hold and then turned to sit up and get out of bed, forgetting he'd been thrashed the night before. He yelled when his bottom hit the mattress, and woke Darry up. "You okay little buddy?" He stretched his arms, waking himself up fully.

Ponyboy stood and rubbed his bottom a little, "yeah. I rolled over on my butt, forgot you skinned me alive last night."

Darry laughed, grabbing Ponyboy and pulled him back to bed. The action made the kid Yelp and try to get out of the bear hug Darry now had him. "You got off easy." He half joked.

"I did not!" He pouted, accepting his defeat and letting Darry hug him and give his head a knuckle sandwich. "If I look in the mirror my ass is probably non-existent at this point."

Darry let the kid go and smiled as Ponyboy stood up and rubbed his bottom for sympathy, "Soda is right. You are a drama Queen." And then he laughed louder because Ponyboy grabbed a pillow and hit him with it. "What time is it anyways?"

Ponyboy turned to look at the alarm clock, "nine."

Darry sat up and swung his legs off the side of the bed, "I'll get breakfast started then. Why don't you come help me?"

Ponyboy nodded and grabbed his jeans off the floor, he was going to put them on - but when the rough fabric slid across his thighs and he pushed them back down. "Imma get a pair sweats..."

Darry got dressed as Ponyboy went out the bedroom. Dally was already awake too, he was watching the Saturday morning cartoons, sitting on the couch with Johnny's head in his lap - the younger boy still asleep. "Mornin' bum." Ponyboy just rolled his eyes, going to his and Soda's bedroom. He heard a quiet "Damn," as Pony walked by him, he had his underwear on but you could still see pink thighs.

Pony went into his bedroom, trying to be quiet as Soda was still asleep. He found a pair of grey sweats and put them on - much better than trying to put on jeans. "Pony?"

Ponyboy turned around as he pulled off his shirt to change into a clean one, "I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

Soda groaned softly, stretching and rubbing his eyes - "Nah, I was fighting getting up for about an hour now." He watched at Pony pulled a dark blue tee shirt over his head, "how ya' feeling?" Soda had been sent to bed before Ponyboy got it from Darry, and then he never came to bed last night so he had no idea what had happened.

"Really sore. It's like it won't stop aching and if I sit, it makes it hurts real bad all over again."

"What he use?"

Pony had to brush away a few tears even thinking about it, "daddy's belt."

"WHAT?" Soda jumped out of bed in nothing but his underwear and ran out the room. "Darry! You didn't?!"

Darry had just come out the bedroom when Soda came yelling - Pony trying to chase after him and make him shut up. "Didn't what? And quiet down. Johnny is still asleep," or was. He started to groan and wake up at all the noise.

"You whipped Pony? With Daddy's belt!?" Dally could be seen grimacing at Soda's statement. He remembered all to well what Mr. Curtis' belt felt like.

"Yes I did," he tucked his shirt inside his jeans. "And it isn't up to you to tell me if I can or not."

"Mornin' " Johnny said groggily as he woke up, assessing the situation. "Oh...should we go?" He asked Dally.

"Nah. Ain't nothing gonna happen." He made Johnny sit up.