Chapter 4

-Emiko POV-

"Kagami is powerless against Kise, but his weakness is... aside from passing, the weakest guy on the court, Kuroko-kun?" said Riko.
"So?" asked Kise, Tetsuya slapped Kagami's hand away. "It's true Kurokocchi's style is the only one I can't imitate. But what does that change?"

"End of the first quarter!" announced the referee. "We'll have a two minute break!"
"It changes everything!" said Kagami. "We'll bring you to tears in the second quarter"

"I see" said Riko after Kagami explained his plan. "Yeah, that could work. Kagami, it looks like you've finally cooled down"
"No, I was always..." began Kagami.

"You were really pissed!" we all shouted.
"But Kuroko-kun and Kagami-kun, your coordination will be key. Can you do it?" asked Riko.
"Yeah..." said Kagami. "Probably..."

Tetsuya hit Kagami in his side, making me chuckle.
"You bastard, where did that come from?" asked Kagami.
"You want to beat Kise-kun, don't you?" asked Tetsuya.

"Of course I do" said Kagami and hit Tetsuya in his side as well.
"Well then" said Riko.
"Let the second quarter begin!" announced the referee.
"Take care of the counter attack!" shouted Riko.

~

The gap didn't get any wider, but we didn't manage to catch up.
But then, Kagami coordinated with Tetsuya, it was amazing...
They circled the ball around Kise, making him stand there with his jaw on the floor.

Tetsuya was smiling, he was having fun.
We were scoring, and now there was only a five point gap.
But... sometimes their coordination didn't match and they lost the ball.

It was actually kind of funny.
And then... suddenly Tetsuya was marking Kise...
Of course Kise passed Tetsuya with ease, but Kagami stopped Kise, opening a path for Tetsuya to steal the ball.

"Nice one, Tetsu!" I shouted.
Kagami scored with ease.

The next time, Kise tried to score, but Kagami used Tetsuya to jump higher and stop the ball.
But then... Kise turned around and hit Tetsuya in the face.
"Tetsuya!" I yelled when he fell on the ground.
"Referee time out!" shouted the referee.

-Kise POV-

"Tetsuya!" I heard Maedacchi yell, she looked scared...
"Referee time out!" shouted the referee and Maedacchi ran to Kurokocchi.
"Tetsuya? Can you stand" she asked and she gasped when she saw blood on Kurokocchi's face. "Get me the first aid kit!"

"I feel lightheaded, I'm fine, Emi" said Kurokocchi, he touched the hand on his face and he stood up.
'Since when do they call each other by their first names? And wait, Emi... only Akashicchi called her that...'

"Wait" said Maedacchi. "Don't make any sudden movements, let me look at your head"
"Are you okay?" asked Kagami.
"I'm fine" said Kurokocchi. "The game is just getting start..."

He passed out, but Maedacchi caught Kurokocchi just in time. She had caught him in his arms and the guys were surprised she could hold him.
'She did martial arts for years... she's stronger than she looks'

"Tetsu!" she said. "Furihata! Could you help me please"
A member of the bench ran to her and helped her carry Kurokocchi to the bench.
She looked at me, with the face all the members of Teiko basketball club feared... and I hid behind Kasamatsu-senpai.

"What are you doing?" he asked.
"Maedacchi is scary when she's angry" I said.
"You did hit her friend pretty hard" he said.

"Not on purpose!" I defended myself.
"Kasamatsu-senpai" said Maedacchi, she was smiling, and she looked really cute... "I'm not allowed to hit Kise right now, could you do that for me please?"