Chapter 26

-Tetsuya Kuroko POV-

"Daiki, Ryota, Shintaro, Atsushi, and Tetsuya" said Akashi. "I'm glad to see you again. I'm deeply moved we were all able to meet like this. However, there's someone here who doesn't belong. If there had to be someone where who I didn't summon, I would've preferred it to be Emi"

I bolted my fists. I was glad she wasn't here now.
"I wish to speak only to my former teammates right now" said Akashi. "Sorry, but could you leave?"
I looked at Furihata, who wasn't moving.

"Furihata-kun..." I said.
"Well, you're no fun" It was Kagami, he laid a hand on Furihata's shoulder. "Don't leave us out"
"Kagami!" said Furihata.

"I'm back" said Kagami. "We can talk later. First... you're Akashi, huh? Glad to meet you"
"Shintaro, could I borrow those scissors?" asked Akashi and walked down the stairs.
"What are you going to use them for?" asked Midorima.

"My hair is annoying me" said Akashi. "I've been wanting to trim it. Usually Emi does this, but she's not here"
He had the scissors in his hand.
"First..." he said. "You're Kagami-kun, aren't you?"

He lashed out with the scissors, scratching Kagami's cheek.
"Kagami-kun!" I said.
"My, my" said Akashi. "I'm surprised that you were able to dodge that. In light of that display of grace, I'll forgive you this time. However, there will be no second chance. When I tell you to leave, leave. In this world, winning is everything. Winners are affirmed completely, and losers are denied completely. I've never lost at anything before, and I never will. Because I always win, and I am always right. I show no mercy to those who oppose me. Not even my own parents"

'Not even your childhood friend...'
"Tetsuya" I heard Emiko's voice.
We all looked up on the stairs where she was standing.

"Furihata. Kagami?" she said. "I've been looking all over for you guys, coach is this close to killing you guys"
She walked down the stairs, everyone was silent...
She looked at Akashi while passing him and he looked at her with a smile.

"Oh, Kagami" she said and looked at Kagami while rolling up her sleeves.
Kagami took a step back, she grabbed his arm and held him in a grip.
"Do you have any idea how freaking late you are?!" she shouted. "Forgot about the time difference, my ass!"

"Ow, ow!" said Kagami. "That hurts Maeda!"
"I sure hope it does! You idiot!" she shouted and let him go. "Jeez... come on, are you guys finished here? Coach is worried"
She looked at Furihata and slapped both of his cheeks to wake him up.

"You okay, Furihata?" she asked.
"Maeda-san..." he said and nodded.
She turned around and we started following her.

"Emi" said Akashi and she froze in her steps.
She looked at me in the corner of her eyes and turned around.
"What?" she said.

She pretended to be calm, but I could see the slight tremor in her hands.
Akashi walked closer and held out his hand to touch her face.
"I do like your shorter hair, you look cute" he said and she slapped his hand away before he could touch her face.

Everyone was surprised... no one said a word...
They just stared at each other, until Akashi laughed a bit and smiled.
"Well, I'm leaving" he said. "I just wanted to say hello to everyone today"

"What?" said Aomine. "Don't be ridiculous, Akashi! You summoned us just for that?"
"No..." said Akashi. "I actually wanted to confirm something, but after seeing your faces, I realized there was no need. No one has forgotten our promise. Everything's fine, then. The next time we meet will be on the court"

He left and I looked at Emiko.
She walked away as well and I followed her.
"Tell coach we'll be right there" I said and ran after her.

-Emiko POV-

I sat on a bench, to take a deep breath.
"Emi" it was Tetsuya.
"Tetsu" I whispered and he wrapped his arms around me.

I started to cry... I clung to Tetsuya and cried my heart out.
"I was so scared" I cried. "I know he's still in there somewhere, that the Seijuro who is kind is still in there. But I couldn't see it in his eyes... I didn't see him..."

"I know" he whispered and rubbed my back comfortably.
He touched my face and looked me in the eyes.
"You did great" he whispered and let his forehead rest against mine. "You were amazing"

"Thank you" I whispered and dried my tears. "We should go back, before coach kills us"
"Okay" he said and took a step back.
He held my hand and we walked to the changing room.