Chapter 24

-Aomine POV-

I walked into the bathroom and I saw that Hanamiya was there too.
"Hey, I didn't think I'd see you here, Ace of the Generation of Miracles, Aomine Daiki" he said.
"Oh, it's you" I said.

"You're as rude as ever" he said. "Be polite when you talk"
"You're the one who's playing as sneakily as ever" I said.
"Sneakily?" he said and laughed. "Give me a break. That's just bait so we can trap them. Don't be ridiculous"

"Huh?" I said. "I don't know what you're talking about, but you're going to lose this game"
"What?" he said. "You're really underestimating me. In fact, I wish you'd tell me how I'll lose"
"It's not about whether or not I'm underestimating you" I said. "There's no reason. You made Tetsu angry. That's all"

"Really?" he said.
"Also" I said and grabbed his shirt. "If you even think about harming Emiko again. I'll personally beat you up"
"The black haired girl?" he laughed. "Damage is already done, granted it wasn't as much as I had hoped. But seeing them so angry over a sprain is hilarious"

-Emiko POV-

The third quarter started with Tetsuya getting the ball.
Suddenly the one marking him changed with the chewing gum guy...
'Heh? What are they planning?'

Tetsuya held the ball a little longer, but managed to do the drive anyway.
He passed to Kagami, who dunked over Tetsuya.
After a minute, Coach subbed Tetsuya out for Koganei.

I gave Tetsuya his shirt and water.
He kept looking at my hand and I sighed.
"Stop worrying" I said and hit his head with my sprained hand. "See, it's fine"

"Kirisaki Daichi, member change" I heard and I saw a guy full of gel in his hair go onto the field.
'He gives me a bad feeling'

My bad feeling came true, when every pass of ours was stolen by Hanamiya...
We didn't manage to score...
By the end of the third quarter, they pulled ahead by ten points...

"Damn it!" shouted Izuki while hitting the bench.
"We may be able to break free" said Tetsuya suddenly. "If I stop playing with the team"
"I see" I whispered. "That might work"

"What do you two mean?" asked Kagami.
"I mean exactly what I said" said Tetsuya. "You four keep playing as you have been"
"I see" said Riko. "It's a gamble"

"A gamble is something you win or lose" said Kiyoshi. "This isn't a gamble. This team can do it"
I smiled at Tetsuya.
"I'm glad to have you back" I said and he smiled back at me.

The game began again...
Izuki passed and before Hanamiya could steal it, Tetsuya changed the pass to Kagami.
Who caught it and scored.

"Yes!" we all shouted and jumped off the bench.
It worked... Tetsuya changed the course and we scored more and more...
But it still wasn't enough, we needed Hyuga's three's...

But then... they hit Kiyoshi again...
"Coach" I said when I saw his injuries.
"I know" she said and asked for a time out.

"There are a few things I want to say, but..." began Riko. "First, you're at your limit. You're out, Teppei"
"What? Wait a minute!" shouted Kiyoshi. "Just a little more! If you take me out now..."
"No!" said Riko firmly. "If it means repeating what happened last year, I'd rather have you hate me"

"Riko..." he said.
"I agree" said Tetsuya. "I don't have an older brother, but when you said you'd protect us, you seemed like one. It made me happy. I want you to keep protecting us. I don't want you to push yourself any harder in this game"

"I'm sick of this!" shouted Hyuga. "We're telling you to leave the rest to us! Shut up and sit down! You think we'd break our promise?!"
Mitobe walked closer and held out his hand.

"Yeah, you're right" said Kiyoshi. "The rest is up to you"
"Of course it is, moron!" shouted Hyuga before going up to the field again. "Stay here and wait like a good little boy! We'll bring you back a ticket to the Winter Cup!"

The first three Hyuga made again when the game began, missed...
The ball went out and Kiyoshi grabbed it.
I saw Hyuga relax...

I smiled, the next one would go in, I just knew it.
He got the ball and shot it perfectly...
"All right!" shouted Tsuchida.

"Yeah!" I heard Hyuga shout.
Tetsuya stole the ball from Hanamiya and we made a counter.
"We're rolling now!" said Kawahara.

Kirisaki Daichi scored the next points.
"Well, didn't expect them to give up" I sighed.
Hanamiya got the ball, Tetsuya was guarding him.

"This is ridiculous" said Hanamiya. "It's all... it's all your fault!"
"Tetsu, look out!" I yelled and Tetsuya dodged Hanamiya's elbow just in time.
Hanamiya was acting again, he was pushing Tetsuya's buttons...

He played regularly and scored.
"You thought all I could do was play aggressively and steal the ball?" said Hanamiya. "Of course not, idiots. Even without tricks, I can score whenever I want. Honestly, I'm disappointed I couldn't crush you, but whatever. If I win, either way it's game over for your dreams. It'll be the end of your disgusting little game of friendship too"

"Don't be ridiculous" said Tetsuya. "I chose to fight because I thought the Generation of Miracles' basketball was wrong. But they'd never do anything underhanded like you. With your style, don't get in the way of our, of the seniors', of everyone's dreams!"

He used an Ignite Pass right next to Hanamiya's face to Kagami.
"Jam it in, Kagami!" yelled Kiyoshi.
We scored and were now in the lead.

"Another comeback!" shouted Fukuda.
"Amazing!" shouted Kawahara.
"We're not done yet!" shouted Hyuga. "Don't let up until it's over!"

Hyuga scored another three, I saw the seconds go by, we were winning...
When Hanamiya missed, we got the rebound and Hyuga scored a buzzer beater.
We won...