Chapter 35

-Emiko POV-

The second half started, and it was as I predicted.
Seijuro was on Midorima...
Midorima went for a three without a fake.

"He's going to lose this one-on-one" I said when I saw the look on Seijuro's face.
The moment I said it, Seijuro intercepted the ball.
"What do you mean?" asked Riko.

"It's not that Seijuro is fast" I said. "He sees it. His eyes make both offence and defence powerless. Watch closely"
Seijuro used a special technique on Takao... Ankle breaking, making Takao lose his centre of gravity and make him fall on his but.

"Seijuro can predict every movement with his eyes" I explained. "All abilities are rendered useless. People can't even remain standing. Akashi Seijuro can predict the future movements of his opponents"

After a minute and a half, Shutoku was fourteen points behind...
"They were tied at halftime" said Kagami.
One of Midorima's team mates went in for a block, but Seijuro just dodged it...

Midorima got the ball, but he couldn't enter his shooting stance, since Seijuro intercepts the ball the second he starts to shoot or dribble.
"Hey!" I heard Takao shout.

Midorima faked a pass to him, but the moment he went into his shooting stance, Seijuro intercepted the ball...

I bolted my fists, it hurts my heart seeing my childhood friend like that...
'Where is my friend?'
He had changed so much... I couldn't see the boy who taught me everything I know about basketball, the boy who was there for me my whole childhood... my best friend... it was like he was gone...

"A 20 point difference..." said Riko.
"This is the true strength of Rakuzan and Akashi" said Hyuga.
"The game isn't over yet" said Tetsuya. "Because, Midorima-kun and his team haven't given up"

"Yeah, you're right" I said and smiled. "He has a way of surprising us sometimes"
"He's trying to do something" said Tetsuya.
"They only have ten seconds before they receive a violation" said Koganei when Takao was holding the ball for too long. "Do they not know how to attack?"

"I'm sure that's partly true, but what they're about to attempt is probably pretty risky" said Kiyoshi.
"What do you mean?" asked Izuki.
"Considering the remaining time and point gap, a single mistake could be fatal" said Kiyoshi. "Hesitation and uncertainty lead to mistakes. In other words, they'll make their move when they're ready"

I saw Midorima enter his shooting motion, without the ball...
"Oh you have got to be kidding me" I whispered.
The other guys on Midorima's team began to defend the basket.

I saw Takao make a perfect pass into Midorima's hands and Midorima shot a three...
"He caught the ball mid-air and shot a three-pointer?" said Furihata in disbelief.
"Is that even possible?" said Koganei.

"Nice one, Midorima" I smiled proudly.
"Midorima's amazing for making the shot, but that's not all" said Izuki. "Passing the ball right into Midorima's hands takes unbelievable accuracy"

It was like there was new life into Shutoku...
While Rakuzan was startled...
Now there was an eleven point difference, they were catching up...

"Their style is different, but they're like you" said Hyuga to Kagami and Tetsuya. "They're like the light and shadow of Shutoku"
"You're right" smiled Tetsuya.
"But catching a pass mid-air and making a three..." said Kiyoshi. "That's an incredible move"

"But why are they holding back?" asked Izuki.
"I think everything may be going according to Midorima-kun's plan" said Tetsuya. "On Teiko, the Generation of Miracles were forbidden from exercising their full strength. It was because their bodies hadn't caught up to the magnitude of their strength. Though they all knew what they were capable of, no one has ever fought at full strength"