Chapter 46

-Emiko POV-

We all gathered together to watch the game, Strky versus Jabberwock.
I noticed something was off with Tetsuya when I saw him enter with Kagami.
"Everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said.
I sighed. "You should know better than lying to me, Tetsu"
"Sorry" he said and I smiled.

"You can tell me when you feel like it" I said and he nodded.
"You're late Kagami" said Izuki.
"You're the one who said you wanted to watch" said Koganei.

"Sorry! Really!" said Kagami.
"It's okay, hurry up and sit Kagami" said Tsuchida.
"It's about to start" I said and Tetsuya sat down next to me.

"Everyone. Can you hear these cheers" said the news lady on TV. "This is Street Basketball's Super Exhibition Match Stadium. Look for yourself. This stadium is filled with audience. And as for today, who will be playing is none other than that super team. America's... No, the world famous street basketball team, the mighty Jabberwock. Everyone along with the captain are of age 18 with an astonishing performance. They are a team who are unable to comprehend fear against other NBA players. What kind of play will Japan witness from THAT Jabberwock"

"Everyone! Sorry for the wait!" it was the announcer. "The amazing street basketball team, Jabberwock's exhibition match will now commence!"
"It's exciting to see such an amazing team's match" said Tetsuya.
"Yeah" said Kagami.

I frowned when I saw them.
"Emi?" said Tetsuya.
"They give me a bad vibe" I said. "I hope Yukio and the others will be okay"

"Furthermore, Kagetora-san being Jabberwock's interpreter and guide is impressive as well" said Tsuchida.
"Because of that Hyuga and Coach were lucky enough to get tickets to watch the match live" said Koganei.
"I bet those two are enjoying themselves" said Izuki.

"To start off, we'll introduce Japan's team" said the announcer. "Team Strky!!"
I smiled when I saw the familiar faces.
I had been texting with Yukio about this match, he was excited to play.

"It'll be nice to see them play together" I said.
"And finally, here they are!" said the announcer. "Team Jabberwock!"
"They really are monsters" I whispered when I saw them closer. "Even on TV I can tell, the guys won't have it easy..."
"So let's finally get to the match! What kind of super plays will happen today!" said the announcer. "And now... the Tip-Off!"

The referee threw the ball in the air, Jabberwock had the ball first.
Yukio managed to steel the ball, but it bothered me...
Strky scored first.

"Something feels off" I said and they all looked at me. "It feels like they're toying with them"
"What do you mean?" asked Izuki.
"Watch" I said. "You'll see what I mean"

After Strky scored again, Jabberwock finally played a bit more seriously.
"Crazy" I whispered when I saw Jabberwock play.
They were toying with our team...

I began rolling up my sleeves...
"Emi?" said Tetsuya.
"They're taking things too far" I said.
Everyone was getting angry...

~

The game ended, 86-6...
I was holding Tetsuya's hand tight...
I was so furious...

But when Yukio went to shake the other team captain's hand...
"Um... That was an awesome play. Do you have some few words for the fans?" asked the announcer to the other captain.

"I suppose so... if I were to give my thoughts on this match" said the captain. "It honestly made me want to puke. Everyone here... or rather... everyone in this country who is pretending to play basketball please just quit now or kill yourselves. Even you guys wouldn't play sumo with a monkey but we did. We played with monkeys who are so-called players. A few words? Why not come to realize you are nothing but monkeys. Monkeys don't have qualifications to play basketball"