Raw Talent

On a day of early morning, Theo is sleeping in the back of his truck with a sheet being used as a pillow until a knocking noise wakes him up. He looks around to see where the noise came from and hears it again, causing him to look to the other side and realize it was from a hairless police officer, who looks visibly disgruntled. Theo quickly realizes the cop is there to scold him for sleeping in a forbidden area so he gets up and raises his right hand in a manner to tell him he accepts to get out of there and does not want trouble.

Theo turns on his truck and moves to another place. At night, he is sleeping in the driver's seat but a dark-skinned cop finds him with a lamp and wakes him up by knocking on the window with it, leading Theo to do the same thing he did with the first cop.

The cop forgives him and allows him to move but is visibly disappointed for Theo's lack of knowledge of the many policies in town and Theo turns on his vehicle, hits the accelerator pedal, and moves to another place, which turns out to be a mattress junkyard. He stays awake to verify if any cop comes and forces him to move again but, after looking around for a long time, Theo believes he can sleep there so he lays down, covers himself with the sheet, and takes out his phone for a moment. His lock screen is a picture of Liz staring up at the night sky. He sighs and decides to go to sleep. Unbeknownst to him, a spider is seen on his window and apparently gets in.

The next morning, Theo wakes up after another cop knocks on his window and moves again. However, the next morning, another dark-skinned cop knocks on his window twice to wake him up and he, reluctantly, accepts to follow the cop's demands.

Theo moves once again and part of his truck's gas leaks out of the exhaust pipe as a result of the many times he was forced to move but his luck doesn't get better one bit in the next two mornings as 2 more cops show up and knock on his window, much to his displeasure.

Theo moves yet again to another place but he is once again woken up the next morning by another cop who forces him to move one more time.

At night, Theo is staring at his phone as it seems he has found the perfect place to get a good night of sleep. The spider from a few nights earlier is crawling on his arm, causing him to put down his phone. Instead of being scared, Theo looks interested and allows the spider to keep moving through his hand and suddenly, somehow, breaks through his skin and enters. Theo panics, wanting to know how the spider got in, and starts tracking its movements around his arm and the shoulder.

Theo breaks into the animal clinic to get the spider out of his body. He opens a drawer, takes out a mirror and a scalpel, and takes off his T-shirt before he turns on the lamp on the table. The spider is crawling on his lower back and, once he gets it where he wants with the help of the mirror, Theo stabs it forcefully and takes it out before his lower back's wound starts to heal. He looks closely at the spider until it bursts into a tiny black smoke cloud, which leads him to drop the scalpel in fear and surprise.

Theo decides to call Selene to inform her of his experience and has her number but before he can call him, he ponders if calling her is a good idea since he doesn't know if she would like to hear from him. He hears another person knocking on his window but instead of being a cop, it is a man with a gun pointed at him. Theo looks around and finds 3 more men with guns pointed at him. Realizing he is outnumbered and not wanting more trouble than he's already been through, Theo raises his hands in a non-threatening manner but the men shoot at him mercilessly.

~~~

Scott runs through the woods at night. It reminds him of a night several years ago when he was being chased by hunters shortly after his first transformation. He remembers the story Chris Argent told him about a rabid dog breaking its teeth to get out of a cage.