Status Asthmaticus

Liam confronts Scott about his refusal to give Hayden the bite.

Scott explains that, in her weakened condition, the bite would likely kill her. Liam feels Scott is breaking his promise to do everything he could to save Hayden. Scott begins to have trouble breathing and Theo tosses him an inhaler. He takes a deep pull off the device and says there is another way to save Hayden.

The girl's condition seems to be getting worse and Theo says, while he doesn't know the statistics for surviving a werewolf bite, Hayden won't survive unless they do something.

~~~

Stiles' Jeep begins to smoke as the engine coughs. He pulls over. Angry, he pulls out his wrench set and throws it on the ground. He throws back the hood and retrieves the tools. Inside the case, one slot is empty. It is the wrench he lost when confronting Donovan. He throws the box of wrenches in a fit of rage then slams down the hood and circles to the passenger side to retrieve the bloody tool. He makes as if to throw it down the road with the others but instead turns and throws it into the Jeep's windscreen.

Stiles sits in the road with his back against the vehicle's front tire.

~~~

What follows is radio traffic between different Beacon Hills Sheriff's Deputies and a dispatcher inside the station. None of the action is shown in this scene. We see only the dispatcher and the Sheriff and have only the descriptions provided by the officers.

Dispatch – Unit 7 can you 10-9? I didn't quite get that. 

Unit 7 – 10-4 Dispatch. I'm southbound on Fryman following suspicious individual loping in the middle of the road. 

Dispatch – Seven, clarify "loping." 

Unit 7 – Running on all fours. Suspect is possibly a large animal. 

Unit 5 – Unit 5 to Dispatch, I'm turning the corner on Lincoln. Suspect is no longer loping but running. 

Dispatch – 10-4 Unit 5. Clarify "running?"

Unit 5 – Two legs. Moving fast. 

Dispatch – Copy. What's your speed? 

Unit 5 – 45 to 50. Advise that suspect is too large to be human. 

Dispatch – 10-4 Unit 5. Back off and maintain eyes. Dispatch to all units; be on the lookout for suspicious bipedal animal. 

Unit 8 – Unit 8 to Dispatch, advise coming up on Taft. Animal is back on all fours and... HOLY... (sound of car skidding) 

Stilinski – Unit 8 this is Stilinski, report. 

Unit 8 – 10-4 Sheriff, suspect just leapt over my car. 

Unit 5 – Dispatch, I have eyes on the suspect, corner of Union headed north toward Beacon Hills High School. Confirm: back on all fours. 

Dispatch – 10-4. Can you give his '20? 

Unit 5 – In my rearview mirror coming right toward me! Advise suspect is OH MY GOD! 

Stilinski – Clark! Back off! (sound of car crash) 

Dispatch – All available units to Beacon Hills High School proceed with caution.

~~~

A few minutes later, Sheriff Stilinski is running down the hallway at the school and is intercepted by Clark. She has a cut on her head and explains that she totalled her patrol vehicle and ran a half-mile to get to the school. The sheriff tells her not to worry about the car because insurance will cover the cost. Clark says she wonders how much insurance the school has. She leads the sheriff around the corner to where something has tossed the large brick "Beacon Hills High School" sign through the roof. It is cracked in half in the middle of the hallway.