237

Under a full moon, a basketball game is getting underway inside the Beacon Hills High School Gym.

Young Peter Hale walks into the locker room to find his nephew, 15-year-old nephew, in the midst of wolfing out under a running shower.

Peter chastises him for risking the game during the full moon. Derek says he thought he could control the transformation but Peter says even born werewolves have to learn control on the full moon.

Derek is angry saying it was supposed to be easier for them and wondering why it hurts so much. Peter asks if Derek brought 'it' but the boy says 'it' isn't working. Peter insists and Derek removes a metal disk from his pocket. It bears the triple spiral triskelion symbol. Derek holds it in both hands and chants "Alpha, Beta, Omega" over and over. His transformation continues and he screams in pain.

~~~

At a rainy gas station, a car is parked with its driver's side door open. The attendant hears growling noises coming from the station's only public restroom around the side of the building. He knocks and inside Kate Argent is struggling with a transformation. She calls out to him but then her words devolve into guttural growls again. Thinking she is on drugs, he uses his key to open the door and enter. Kate, full transformed now, attacks him in a frenzy.

It's raining as Scott, Stiles, Lydia and Liz bring the newly regressed and still unconscious Derek to the Animal Clinic. Deaton is baffled by his condition. 

"Wow..." Deaton says. 

"'Wow?' 'Wow,' as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do'-kind of 'wow?' 'Cause that's the kind we were hoping for..." Stiles hopes out loud.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities" Deaton replies.

"He's cold. Really cold," Liz says while feeling Derek's forehead.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asks

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience" Deaton explains

"So, what do we do with him?" Stiles asks.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here" Deaton proposes.

"You mean, from Kate?" 

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate" 

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia asks.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her" Deaton answers.

"And bad for everyone else," Stiles adds and Liz scoffs.

"Knowing the Argents, you mean" Liz comments.

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger... So, maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night, and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again" Deaton says and hopes everyone just ignores Liz's comment.

"Someone should stay with you..." Scott says.

"I'll stay. My grades are fine, despite missing a few classes" Lydia explains.

"I'm so not okay with this" Stiles says and Liz rolls her eyes.

"Guys, go"

"No-"

"Text us if anything happens" Scott interrupts his friend and starts dragging him away.

"Nope! Still not okay with it. Not going anywhere. All right, just 'cause you're stronger..." Stiles says and eventually, Scott gets him out of there.