Happy New Year!

A red present flies through the air as Selene yells "Don't do it!" followed by a sigh. "You did it anyway" As she starts to laugh. She takes the package out of Reed's hands (he catched it) and places it back under the Christmas tree.

"Of course I did" Cheryl replies with a grin. All three chuckle as someone comes running down the stairs.

"Are they here yet?!" Liz yells from the kitchen to which she went to immediately after going down the stairs. 

"Not yet" Reed replies as Liz walks into the living room with a platter of warm appetizers. The table was placed for a lot of people in a New-Year's theme. 

"I hope they're here soon or we're gonna be to late for the New-Year's toast" Liz voices her concerns.

"It's never to late for a Christmas toast" Reed counters and everyone laughs as the doorbell rings. "When you speak of the devil" Selene hits Reed on the back of his head before going to open the door.

"Happy Old-Year!" is heard the second the door opens. Selene laughs as she steps out of the way and lets Scott, Stiles, Argent, Melissa and Noah Stillinski inside. Everyone hurries to warm themselves on the burning fireplace. Everyone hugs and greets each other.

"Selene, dear, you look amazing," Melissa says as she hugs the girl. "But of course, you always do" 

"Aw, Melissa, you're flattering me too much. Not too mention that you look ravishing" Both laugh as the doorbell goes again. "Ow, excuse me"

Selene comes back a second later with Liam, Hayden, Mason and Corey behind them. Everyone starts happily chatting and not ten minutes later Lydia and Malia had arrived. Everyone seemed happy to be together as time went by. 

Soon it was not more than fifteen minutes before the new year would be starting. Selene stood in front of the fireplace as she looked at the people she was so proud to be calling her friends and some might even be unconsciously considered family by her. She couldn't help but smile at the sight of everyone together. Melissa and Noah were laughing while looking at the pictures on the wall, Hayden and Liam were standing in the corner about something Liam had said, Mason and Corey were laughing while Liz was talking about one of her embarrassing adventures, Cheryl seemed to be teasing Reed, who was starting to become red lastly Selene's gaze found Stiles, Lydia, Malia and Scott who were looking at the picture ornaments in the tree. 

Suddenly the doorbell went off again making everyone frown while thinking who that might be, everyone except Selene, whose smile only grew. She disappeared into the hallway one last time, coming back with Brett. Everyone started to finish their conversation, noticing that the hour was starting to come to an end. 

Selene picked up one of the glasses of champagne Melissa brought and ticked against it with a little spoon. She laughs as she ticks a little too hard and spills some of the champagne.

"Movies make that seem so easy" She laughs and so do the others. "I just wanted to get your attention so I guess that succeeded" She lets out an awkward laugh. "I just wanted to thank you all for being here. I think that we needed a little bit of this, of happiness and normal things"

"True" Many say in response.

"I know that the past years haven't been easy on any off us. And I know that there are many people not here who should be, for whatever reason. But we are. And I am so, so grateful for that. I want you to know that whatever happens next, I will never forget you guys and I love you with all my heart. To those we lost, and those we still have" Selene ends her speech and raises her glass.

"To those we will never forget" Brett adds also raising his glass. They smile at each other and nod.

"And to the New-Year! May it be better than the previous ones!" Reed adds jokingly and everyone cheers on the toasts as they clink their glasses together. Suddenly a ploff is heard outside and everyone hurried there. 

The sky is filled with sparkling, colourfull firework as some people press themselves to others for warmth. Scott makes his way to stand next to Selene.

"May there be many more" he says as he clinks his glass against hers as she chuckles.

"They may be better or worse but at least we got the others. And I know we will always work through it" Selene replies with a smile.

"For better, or worse," Scott says and they both laugh as they take a sip from the champagne.

A/N: California alcohol laws let those of any age below 21 have alcohol in private locations. Except in vehicles. They may drink if a parent, guardian, spouse or other responsible relative age 21 or older is present. Many parents do this to teach moderation in drinking. 

Also, Happy New Year! I hope 2020 will be better than 2019 for me and I hope you guys have a happy holiday.