Galvanize

Agent McCall is managing a secure patient transfer to and tells the ambulance driver to go around back and to keep quiet about the identity of the patient.

Inside the emergency waiting area, Selene is adjusting a jack-o'-lantern and laughing with Mellisa when they catch sight of Mellisa's ex-husband and Sheriff Stilinski on a collision course.

"Oh, here we go" Mellisa mumbles.

"Hey, he's not coming in," Sheriff Stilinski tells Agent McCall.

"It's the only hospital that would take him," McCall says.

"What about County?" 

"You'll be surprised how fast things fill up when this kind of guy needs surgery" 

"They turfed him to us?" Mellisa asks while Selene looks confused with the situation.

"Yeah," McCall says.

"If County didn't want to operate on him..." Sheriff starts.

"Then someone has to" McCall cuts him off. The patient is rolled in past the McCalls, Selene and the Sheriff; his feet and arms are strapped down with thick padded cuffs of leather. 

"Somebody needs to do his pre-op interview" Selene realises. She's been helping Mellisa in the hospital.

"Who usually does that?" McCall asks. Mellisa and Selene look at each other and sigh. They turn to the Sheriff and Special agents.

"We" they say in sync.

~~~

In the school locker room, Stiles is lurking with a flashlight while talking to Scott on the phone. It's fifteen minutes after midnight, officially "Mischief Night/Day," and Stiles says it is a tradition to prank Coach. October 30th is also Coach Finstock's birthday.

Stiles is frustrated that Scott isn't there yet. Scott claims to be in bed already but then suddenly appears behind Stiles with eyes aglow, frightening him badly. 

"I hate you"

~~~

"Try to keep in mind exactly what this guy is capable of. He's a former electrical engineer who decided to walk onto a school bus with a shrapnel bomb. He left four students dead, and a fifth with no legs" McCall explains while he, Mellisa and Selene are walking towards the patient's room.

"Just out of curiosity. Have any psychiatrists made any progress?" Selene asks. 

"I'm told he says the same thing almost every day. That when he gets out he's gonna do it again. ANd this time he's gonna get it right" McCall explains.

~~~

Selene is looking over the medical files while Mellisa questions the patient. Name: William Barrow - Date of Birth: 05/24/60 – Height: 6ft 2in – Weight: 155lbs and includes spaces for blood pressure readings as well as a number of rote questions about other issues. Melissa reads from the form asking if Barrow understands that scar tissue has formed around a piece of shrapnel that "remains in your body from a previous injury and that it is now blocking vital functions?"

She then explains that they will put him under general anaesthesia tomorrow morning for the surgery to remove the obstruction. Instead of answering her questions, Barrow asks if the kids still pull pranks the day before Halloween. Melissa calls it Mischief Night but Barrow says where he's from it was known as "Hell Night." 

"Do you have any allergies to any medication?" Selene changes the subject. Barrow turns to her.

"No" he says