Muted

A teen boy steps out of his house and calls for "Willow." There is no reply. He goes back inside and shouts to his mother that he can't find "her". There is no reply inside the house.

He goes room to room downstairs. He turns out the lights in each before heading to the second floor and going to bed. As he is turning out his desk lamp he notices dirty paw prints on the carpet. He looks under the bed and sees his cat "Willow" peering back.

He brings down the desk lamp to get a better look and sees the cat is covered in blood.

Outside his bedroom door, he hears screams and shouts – walking out into the hall he sees a shadowy figure with a tomahawk, dripping with blood.

He runs back inside and slams the door just as the tomahawk head slams through it. He dashes to the bathroom and rummages through drawers looking for a weapon. We hear the door from the hall to his bedroom give way and the vintage glass crystal doorknob turns.

The shadowy assailant wears a small keyboard on his arm – he types on it and words issue from an unseen speaker. The computer voice addresses the boy as "Sean" and explains that his whole family is dead. He asks if Sean would like to die like them – begging for life – or to go out fighting. He then advises Sean to wrap his hand in a towel and break the mirror so that he can use one of the shards as a weapon.

The attacker hears glass break within and kicks through the door – Sean has broken a window and can be seen running away from the house on the street below.

The attacker steps into the light from outside and we can see he has no mouth, just smooth skin from his nose to his chin. 

~~~

It is now a week after Derek returned to Beacon Hills from Mexico. He and Peter are in the loft discussing hiring Braeden to track down Kate. They haggle over the price which Peter says is too high but Braeden points out that they are paying her to go against the Calavera's who have also paid her to find Kate. That level of danger, going against the hunters, comes at a much higher price.

Derek stares at the reflection of his own eyes in a pair of sunglasses but speaks up to say they'll pay Braeden's ask to find Kate and the mercenary leaves.

Peter wants to find Kate in order to find their bonds. Peter says they need the money because his resume is out of date. As Peter becomes upset about getting robbed he grabs Derek's shoulder. Derek spins and grabs his arm. Derek's eyes glow yellow as he growls at his uncle.

Peter has apparently not seen Derek wolf out since his transformation from teen back to adult. He is surprised by the yellow eyes. Derek says he doesn't know what happened to them and is willing to pay to find out.

~~~

At Beacon Hills High School Lacrosse Field, Stiles is reassuring Scott that he is still "Team Captain" because he got his "grades up just like Coach told you to".

Scott says he's texted Argent and Selene about Kate's return but the former hunter and other true Alpha both haven't gotten back in touch. He would have called but says he can't afford a phone call to France.

Stiles commiserates about a lack of funds, pointing out his own unpaid medical bills for an MRI  and his stay at Eichen House.

Stiles says they have bigger problems, "237 million" problems, but lacrosse isn't one of them. Scott disagrees pointing out the freshman player at goal who is not letting anything past him during the early morning practice.

Another student congratulates "Liam" on his performance and says he might just be the team's first freshman captain.

Stiles decides that he and Scott need to practice before tryouts.