神の一手 囲碁

Chris Argent coaches Scott on what to say to the police about Allison's death. They concoct a story in which two guys wearing masks tried to steal their car. He is to say he thinks one of them had a knife, something sharp and metallic. Overall, he is to just keep repeating "it all happened so fast."

Scott wonders how Argent is able to focus and deal so calmly with his daughter's death. Chris simply says "it's what we do."

As Deputy Parrish questions Lydia, Scott, and Isaac at the Sheriff station, they all stick to their story. 

~~~

The Yukimuras have taken Stiles and Selene to their home where he is offered chamomile tea. Kira, her father and her mother discuss the fact that Allison managed to kill an Oni. None of them is sure how she did it or how it could be possible. For a second Kira glances at Selene who is sleeping on the couch after Noshiko put something in her tea.

Noshiko explains that the Nogitsune made a powerful move when he split from Stiles' body. Mr Yukimura says at this point they need a divine move. One so inspired that it reverses the fate of the game and turns a losing position into a winning one.

They explain that the Nogitsune has had "Sente" or the upper hand throughout the game and Stiles needs to turn the game around.

Kira reminds her mother of the time she trapped it. They realize it was the power of the Nemeton that held the Nogitsune for so long and decide to ask Deaton if they can trap it again.

~~~

At the Sheriff's Station, Stilinski instructs Deputy Parrish to keep Allison's death quiet to avoid the press hounding her friends. The Oni appear and immediately kill another deputy. 

~~~

Derek uses a zippo lighter to cauterize Ethan's wounds at the loft. He says they'll be fine in a couple of hours unless whoever shot them manages to find them again.

Aiden is eager to find Lydia and leave Beacon Hills. Derek says she'll never leave Scott and Selene. Aiden says they all need to run and hide. Ethan wants to take Danny too but Derek says he'll never believe him. Plus, he says, Scott's friends will never leave his side.

Derek explains that the twins don't understand Scott or Selene. While they've been trying to be a part of their pack by fighting for him, Derek says they should have been fighting for their cause. Their cause has always been to protect their friends. They will do anything and everything to save the people they care about. "When there is no chance of winning, they keep fighting. When all hope is lost, they find another way. When they're beaten down, they stand up again." Derek says if the twins want a way to redemption they must find another way to stand and fight. 

~~~

Deaton isn't sure the Nogitsune can be caught the same way it was last time because, since the Nemeton was cut down, it doesn't have the same power anymore. The wood from the tree, however, does still exist in the form of boxes and other containers designed to hold powerful objects. Lydia wonders aloud if the "powerful object" might be the claws of an Alpha werewolf. She's thinking of the cylinder that contained claws. Turns out, Deaton made that box from the wood of the Nemeton and thinks it would work. 

~~~

Nogitsune/Stiles arrives at Beacon Hills Hospital and asks a nurse to page Melissa McCall. Before the man can act, two Oni appear and one stabs him in the gut. Chaos reigns in the hospital corridors as the Oni slice through nurses, doctors, and orderlies. 

~~~

The Oni at the Sheriff's station is lying on its back. As Sheriff Stilinski and Deputy Parrish manoeuvre to get a look, it jumps back up and attacks. Parrish and the Sheriff fire repeatedly but the two demons manage to cut them both. Their wounds release black smoke.