Chapter 16

The theatre was dark and deadly silent. No one was around and you would be able to hear a pin drop, so I was able to use my wand after getting it from my bag.

Casting a lumos it guided me to the changing rooms that I was familiar with. It would have been easier to turn the lights on but I'll get caught if I did that.

Taking of the clothes I was able to change into something more comfortable, familiar. When the adrenaline started to fade the pain on my feet began. Running bare foot wasn't ideal but it was better than wearing high heels.

Wiping away at the make up I gathered my things to get ready to leave. There wasn't much to do in the first place.

Walking the way I came I stopped and changed course to the stage. One more time. I just want to be on it one more time. For who knows the next time I'll be able to perform on this stage again.

I held back the tears that threatened to escape. Oh Merlin what am I to do? Closing my eyes I took in the quietness.

"Miss Evergreen." A voice came. I swung round at the suddenness. I couldn't see properly and the small light from my wand did nothing to help but that voice. That voice I knew.

"Miss Hardbroom" I paused. "No, Hecate." I said. There she stood in all her glory. My woman. That face held so many emotions and I can't start to think the pain she went through from everything. I ran to her wrapping my arms around her neck. This feeling all so familiar. I pulled back letting my hands come down to either side of her face. The shocked expression of the older witch evident.

"I'm sorry." I said the tears finally falling. "I'm sorry for took so long to remember." I said.

"Freya?" She questioned. Her hands stayed at her side but it was obvious she was reluctant. Unsure.

"Yes." I said again embracing her. This time I felt her arms wrap around my waist. We stayed like that for a few moments before I reached up and kissed her. It was passionate all emotions I felt.

"I belive it's time to go home." The older witch said a smile tugging at her lips.

"Well isn't this touching." My grip tightened on the fabric of Hecates dress.

"You just can't keep apart." He said.

"Who are you?" Hecate asked.

"He's a horrid person. A slimy cockcroach. " I said glaring at him. His expression bored.

"Let's get this over and done with." He said.

"I don't think you realise what you're getting yourself into." I said facing him.

"I'm not going to let all my hard work go to waste. My plan was brilliant but you had to go and ruin it." He said.

I let my wand slide down my sleeve as I stared him down.

"Enlighten me. What plans is it I ruined. The false medicine, the forced marriage? Or the abused you put upon me all this time." I said. He gritted his teeth.

"You needed to learn your place." He told me. Taking a step forward, my hand tighten on my wand.

"My place? And who are you to control who I am." I said. He was angry and began to charge at me.

"Impedimenta." My arm moved in quick motion to cast the spell. His movements slowed until he was stuck in his spot "Stupefy." I said that sent him falling to the ground.

"What did you do?" Hecate asked.

"It's alright he's just unconscious." I said.

"How are you going to deal with him. What now?" She asked.