bonus

When Miss Cackle informed everyone that the mist of time had settled around the castle I immediately went to the library. Students wouldn't be able to come back to the school until it had cleared so I was able to have a few moments to myself. It was very rare for something like this to happen so I enjoyed every moment of it.

On my way to the library however I stopped in my tracks when I saw Freya Evergreen and Rowena Boil standing in the middle of the corridor.

"ROWENA BOIL!" the yell came from Freya and it shocked me when I saw the witch pointing a wand that came from nowhere towards the other woman.

A few people passing by had stopped in their tracks to watch what was to unfold. The best student against the worst student. What could go wrong here?

"What are you doing?" Rowena had replied but Freya didn't say anything, not straight away. I should stop this but my body was frozen in its spot.

"For years I put up with your bullshit. Suffered because of the things you did. You made sure I was scared enough not to go to a teacher" all I could do was watch them.

"Tell me why I shouldn't use this wand on you?" Rowena had turned a different colour and I knew that Freya would possible use that wand. I've seen her angry before. And this, well this was beyond that.

I can feel it.

"It's against the witches code for us to have a wand" Freya snarled. It was something I had never heard the witch to do and it was very unsettling to hear.

I didn't like it.

"I don't follow the witched code remember. I'm not a real witch, you've reminded me that time and time again so how is it possible for you to forget." What did she mean by that?

I don't understand.

Rowena Boil. In all her years at Cackles she was a good student. Smart and handed her work in on time. She was never in trouble and helped a few other fellow students.

"Are you just a coward that had to lock someone up and leave them half dead with those friends of yours just to make you feel good. Pretend to be a good little girl, the star of the school." Rowena bit her lip.

"Why don't you tell everyone... no show everyone who you really are." Freya yelled into the other womans face.

"You're insane." Rowena replied with but the look in her eyes said otherwise.

"Me? Are you scared to admit it. That you're an abuser. That you should be locked up."

"It's not me that needs to be locked up. You must be losing your mind and accusing others of things that aren't true."

"Perhaps the marks on my body should prove it."

I was stunned. Emotions ran through me. I should hate her right now but all I wanted to do was wrap her up in my arms. Freya had never told me about how she received the scars over her body and I never pushed her for answers. It was too painful for her and I could see the hurt in her eyes.

"At least I have a place in this world. Your kind doesn't belong here, it's filthy." She yelled back.

"I can't help where I come from."

Rowena laughed and it sent goosebumps over my body.

"I'm not talking about your blood. You're a baty girl and it's disgusting." The pure shock was written over Freya's face. The shaking of her hand noticeable to those who paid close attention.

"You're demented." She said to Rowena. Rowena's face twisted "Please everyone knows you like women so don't try to deny it."

Chatter began to sound in the corridor, Freya was still standing there stunned as Rowena shoved passed her hard enough that it made Freya stumble and hit the wall behind her. The wince didn't go unnoticed which suggested there was some type of injury caused.

"Freya meet me in my lab" I told her and transfigured myself to the said room. I don't know why I told her to come or why I decided to help her. We barely saw each other during the few days she's been here. But with the emotions going through her right now the best thing to do is give her something to bring it down a few notches.

A knock sounded at the open door after a few minutes and Freya stood there, she looked a mess. Her hair in all shapes and red puffy eyes that suggested she had been crying, her hand holding her arm "don't just stand there."

Shaking my head as she entered the room Freya looked lost as she stood there not knowing whether to sit down or stand by the desk.

"Take a seat Miss Evergreen."

She did as she was told and I could feel her eyes on me. Turning to her she didn't blink from being caught but curiosity was clear on her face.

"This is a calming draught. Once you have taking it I'm sure you will come back to your senses."

It was awkward, of course it would be awkward. I stood there for a moment before turning to my desk. As I sat down I could see Freya lifting the potion with still shaking hands and taking the stopper off. She didn't take it straight away, almost as if she didn't trust the potion, didn't believe it was a calming draught. It made the nerves on my skin crawl. I wouldn't be surprised that she would believe that I'd do something to her, after the way she ended things between us.

"It's a strong draught and can become very addictive therefore I suggest no drinking with it."

I could see the clench in her jaw and knew she wasn't happy with the words I said. Over the last couple of days I had found her twice passed out drunk since the wedding. The first time was outside before the mists settled. She was laying in the middle of the field like a starfish, she had a massive grin on her face and I had to use magic to send her to bed as she wouldn't wake up. The second time was back in my lab. In her usual spot from when she was still a student.

The word alcoholic ran through my mind a couple of times but I hadn't been around her enough to know for sure. Miss Cackle had mention that the girl dropped out of college which I was surprised at it. Freya wasn't a quitter.

"Now about that shoulder." This time Freya froze in her spot. The panic in her eyes was evident and it made me wonder why she would be like this over a simple injury.

"Its fine I promise." She stumbled over the words.

"Somehow I don't believe you so take this. It's been brewed specifically so I doesn't react with the calming draught." I told her. Freya was now very pale in the face and tried to get up. Tried to run from the room but I stopped her. No way was she leaving here without taking it. My grip was firm on her arm that she stopped struggling. Her body began to shake so I spun her around so she could face me.

She tried to turn her head, cover her face with her hand but I took hold of her other arm. The action that made me think of when she ran out of the hall during the wedding. The sight of blood dripping down her face was the only thing that registered before I felt her go limb under my grip. I was able to catch her before she hit the floor.

Her eyes where closed and she wasn't responding when I called out to her. Transporting us to her room and placed her on the bed I cast a diagnostic spell over her. Nothing. There was nothing. How is that possible. I don't care what Freya thinks but she will talk whether she wants to or not.

This is Miss Hardbrooms point of view of chapter 9. It was really difficult choosing which version I wanted to upload so I thought I'd share this to you guys as a bonus since I loved it so much.