Chapter 3

*Warning: contains abusive/sexual behaviour that some people may find upsetting or triggering.

After the show I went straight to the bar. Drinking was the only thing I felt I could control right now. It must have been my sixth drink when the others joined me at the bar "we're doing shots, you in?" Marcus asked "sure why not" I forced a smile and played with the glass in my hand as the ordered the drinks and shots. It must have been a funny sight to see. Freya Evergreen sitting at a bar like a loner. I was always having too much fun, being care free. Well I don't know what I was like before. The bar tender served the drinks and everyone got ready "on the count of three" Louisa told everyone. She only got to two before I took the shot "how is it you can drink that like water?' Elena asked "yeah and what happened to the count of three" Marcus whined and I smiled at his silliness.

At twelve I was half asleep at the bar. The brown liquid swirled in my cup. A girl came up to me but she was more of a blur "you're Freya right?" She asked. I nod "that's cool you might not remember me but I'm Enid Nightshade. We both went to Cackles" she introduced "yea I remember, you're Mildred's friend right?" I asked hoping I wasn't making a fool out of myself "yeah that's right. So I saw your show and I think you were amazing" I smiled "thank you" I will admit the show was pretty great tonight. It made me forget about what's been going on. And then it was over, reality came back "I can introduce you to my mum. You guys could maybe tour together" I sobered up at that and all attention was on Enid "that's sounds... I don't know amazing" I giggled "sometimes I'll tour with her when I have the time maybe we can perform together at some point" she suggested "sure why not I'll let the band know and see what they think" Enid frowned "what's with that face?" I asked "I wasn't talking about the band, just you no one else" she told me. I furrowed my eyebrows together "I don't know" I told her "think about it ok" she reached into her bag and started looking for something "here's my card you can contact me with this when you make up your mind" I took the small white card in my hands and looked down at it "alright then but hey if you want you can check out the theatre down town and find me there during the days" I told her. Before the end of college last year I seemed to have applied for a position in the theatre where I would do musical performances. Believe me I wouldn't have known if it weren't for the letter of acceptance. Deciding to give it a go I enjoyed it and still it's one of my favourite things to do "sure I'll see you around then" Enid smiled.

The older woman left a few minutes later and giving me Mildred's contact information. Telling me that it would be nice to get in touch with her at some point. Smiling as I watched her walk away then looked at my drink. The glass nearly empty. With new determination I stood and pushed the glass out of the way. Taking a deep breath I turned to the dance floor and looked for the other band members. Marcus was dancing with an older guy and the girls where giggling together at the blonde haired who tried to flirt with them. Edmund was at the side leaned up against the wall with a drink in his hand "what's up?" Elena asked when she saw me coming "I've made a decision" I announced "you're going to need to be clearer than that" Louisa said "I'm dropping out of college" the four of them where silent before they all started talking at the same time "calm down guys" I tried "you can't do that" Louisa started "it's my choice. I've thought about it for a while now and tonight finally I decided that college isn't the right thing for me" I told them "what about us?" Elena asked "just because I'm dropping out doesn't mean that we can't be friends. Besides there's still the band" they still weren't happy. Edmund put a hand around my arm. The grip painful as he pulled me away from the others "what the hell do you think you're doing" he yelled. Saliva flying from his mouth. He was angry, very angry "it's my choice what I do Edmund. Why should I waste my time in school when in reality it's not what I want to do" I tried to reason "I don't care what you think. Where you going to go. You do realise that if you drop out you will have to move from the apartment and I'm not letting you go anywhere" I was silent. There wasn't anything I could think of saying but I didn't realise what I was doing until my hand hit his face. The pain that erupted was unbearable. Seriously what's he made from, cement? Edmund had his hand covering the spot I hit. His eyes where almost red and the anger radiated from him "I can do what I want. This is about me not you so get over yourself Hun" I yelled then stormed off leaving the bar.