Chapter 20

There was a silence that befell the room as the final statement was made. All evidence was against him as he stood in front of the court trying to make his statement. In his twisted way he turned everything around. Telling the audience that I had provoked him, that I had made him fall in love with me then denied his feelings. That it was my fault that he had to take actions into his own hands.

Merlin this man, wait no, this boy was demented and deserved everything he got.

When he finished he was taken away from the stand and the judge had decided that he'd seen everything needed to make a decision.

As the final decision had been made. Edmund was found guilty and striped of his magic and sent into solitude for five years repenting on his actions. After that time he woulfld be tested to confirm weather or not he was a threat to society before being released. In all honesty I thought he got away far to easily.

It shocked me even more when his mother came up and thanked me. Explaining that she too had been a victim of her sons abuse. But unlike me she could never go up there and admit it. She hugged me then left following her husband.

Taking hold of Hecates hand I smiled up at her.

"It's all over now." I said.

"You're able to rid of him for good." Hecate said.

"Freya, Hecate aren't you coming. Father said he's treating us to lunch." Fluer said.

"We'll be right there." I said.

"Don't be too long okay." Fluer said then left to join Severus.

"Let get out of this court room yeah. It's been a long day and I'm famished." I said, never letting go of Hecate's hand.

I began to think about all the things that we are able to plans. All this time we finally have together, no sneaking about. Nothing to hide. Just Hecate and I free to the world and be ourselves.

"I love you Freya." Hecate said.

"And I love you. I hope they don't take up to much of our time." I said grinning.

"Tempting I dare say. But I should be used to it by now." Hecate said.

As we exited the building and walked down the steps of the courthouse my dad and the others were waiting for us at the bottom. There were reporters waiting around to receive the new of the trials outcome. Hecate and I ignored their calls.

Just then a flash of green flew by us and a cry of pain sounded. I turned to find Edmund on the ground wiggling about.

"Sorry ma'am he tried to go for you." The officer said. I smiled at him as be grabbed Edmund by the arm and lifted him up.

"It's alright." I said then looked my shouldet to search for where the light came from. My blood ran cold.

"What is it Freya, you've gone pale." Donna asked as she came towards me. I let go of Hecates hand and took a few steps forward to the end of the steps then stopped. There's no way, surely I must be seeing things.

How can she be standing there in front of us?

"M...mother?" I called out to the woman. Everyone looked up from their conversations. I don't understand what's happening. My mother is dead. And yet here she is as healthy as she was the last day I saw her alive.

"Freya? Freya why do you look like that?" The woman spoke as she lowered her shaking hand that held a wand in it. Many things ran through me but I could not move. I watched as my father approached the older woman cautiously, he said something but I didn't hear them.

Fluer shook me which brought me back to reality. This is real isn't it.

"You're supposed to be dead. I watched you die." I whispered but my mother never got to reply as she collapsed into my father's arms.

END