Chapter 18

The next coming days were difficult as Freya settled back into her old life, or what was left of it. During the day she'd pretend everything was fine but as nighttime fell the dreams kept her awake. Fear that he would jump out and take her again. His court hearing was next week and each day she was filled with anticipation. The what ifs playing with her mind.

Hecate has been ever so patient with her and she was thankful for it. The woman was always there to remind her that everything that has happened was not in fact her fault.

The first night home Hecate worried after I took to long in the bath and checked up on me. She found me scrubbing my skin red, trying to get rid of any traces of the man. Tears burning my eyes as I felt disgusted in myself. It was her that took the cloth from my hands and embraced me from the floor of the bathroom. It was Hecate that finished washing me off then led me into the bedroom and applied a cooling cream to my skin. She didn't say a word but she didn't have to.

"I never thought you'd come for me." I said.

"And why did you think that?" She asked voice ever so gently.

"I found the letter before I left when the Mists cleared." I told her "Then there was the obvious dislike you had towards me during that time. When my memories made sense I was sure you'd never find me." I said.

"I can never hate you, there was a lot of anger held within me. When I saw you all I remembered was the heartbreak I felt that day. And then every time I found you in my potions lab, with your strange words I knew something wasnt right." She said.

"How?" I asked.

"Your eyes." She said.

"My eyes?" I asked confused.

"Yes your eyes. Everytime I look at you those eyes tell so much. At first I believed you had been acting like nothing had happened but then the more we talked I realised that look of not knowing truly meant you didn't know anything." She said.

"I'd be lost if it wasn't for you." I said. Hecate cupped my cheek and I smiled at the touch. Her hands soft despite the many hours she'd spent over a cauldron.

That night we talked until the early hours of the morning. There was so much to catch up on. To much time had been spent apart 

Now though as I sat on the garden, with a book and a tray of food, my eyes kept looking over at the woman in front of me. Smiling as I watched her concentrate on the page she was on.

"What is it?" I jumped when she spoke.

"Nothing, is it so wrong that I simply want to look at you?" I said. Hecate stood and approached me. I tried to hide the smile that crept on my face with the blanket that covered my body.

"Of course not but if you keep looking at me like that then I'm afraid I'll not be able to control myself" She said. I held my breath as butterflies erupted through my body.

"Such a tease." I said.

"Aren't we both." Hecate said. Before anything else happened it began to pour. I laughed at Hecates reaction then quickly gathered everything up and went inside.

"I've been meaning to tell you but I thinks it's time I tell the family." I said as Hecate dried us off with a spell.

"Are you sure?" Hecate asked.

"Yes I've thought about it all night and I think they shouldn't learn about it from the papers." I said. Hecate knew what I meant as the trial was going to be on the news and written in all the wizardung papers and surely someone will recognise it was me.