Chapter 2

*Warning: contains abusive/sexual behaviour  that some people may find upsetting or triggering.

He was in one of his moods again. It's been a while since he's been like this. I was starting to enjoy the peacefulness between the two of us. We've been arguing over nothing. His jealousy getting the better of him. I was talking to another guy that was in my class about the project we needed to hand in on Wednesday. Edmund had saw and accused me of cheating then dragged me back to the apartment. Now here we are. He was red in the face and I swore smoke would be coming out of his ears if this was a cartoon. But I shouldn't be thinking about that right now. I stumbled back when he hit me across the face and grabbed my chin to make me look at him "you belong to me. You're not allowed to talk to anyone else" I swallowed hard "I promise" I whispered "good girl" he shoved my head to the side then threw me on the bed and cast a spell to get rid of our clothes. After showing me that I was just some object to him he left the room, slamming the door behind him. Tears escaped as I lay there not being able to move. He was rough and hurt me a lot tonight. His words were harsh enough but physically he was a monster.

With shaky hands I grabbed the necklace, it always made me feel better. There was a warmth there that I couldn't understand but I indulged in the comfort I got from it. As the tears stopped I wiped my eyes and got up to find something to put on. Limping around the room the pain in my hip was unbearable. I think I might have to get it checked out. Easily, I could cast a healing spell but I didn't know what was wrong. Things like this should be left for the professionals.

Climbing back into bed I stayed there the rest of the night. Wrapping myself up in the heavy blanket I didn't care that it was to warm. Covering my body was the only thing I wanted to do. Christmas will soon be here so it allowed me to have a few days away from everything. I was planning on going home and spending it with dad. He was going to be alone this year now that Fluer was married. Maybe I should invite Auntie Donna. OK plan in mind I'll write to her in the morning. I can't wait to get away. Donna had become some sort of mother figure for me. No matter what problems I had I can always confide in her and she would listen. Half the things I've talked about I'd never share with Fluer. Closing my eyes I let sleep finally take over.

That night I had strange dreams about my time at Cackles Academy. The day of the Halloween Ball but there was nothing special about that night. Or the time I broke down after Rowena and her gang left me in that empty room. Miss Hardbroom of all people played in the dream. Why? It was frustrating not knowing anything.

The next day I tried my best to forget the night before. Putting a smile on my face before I left my bedroom. Louisa was already in the living room when I walked in. It looked like she was rushing "sleep in?" I asked "yea I'm already late" she put on a heavy jacket and the hat that had the oversized pompom on it "remember we have a show tonight" she told me as she slung her bag over her shoulder. I nod but to be honest I wasn't in the mood to do the show. Although I love to sing I've not been in the mood to sing and do shows every other weekend. The spark wasn't really there anymore "yeah sure I won't be late" I told her. She grinned and walked out of the door. Silence filled the room after the click from the door. Sitting down on the sofa and turning on the TV looking for anything that was remotely interesting I sighed and gave up.

A tap on the window interrupted me. Standing I opened the curtains, there on the windowsill was a white owl. Fluers owl. Opening it I watched as the owl flew into the flat. It sat on the bookshelf and waited. Taking the letter from its mouth I carefully opened it and read the contents. Smiling was all I could do. I was about to become an aunt. My sister had just found out she was pregnant and wanted me to visit the first chance I got. The best news I've heard in weeks. Maybe I'll visit her over the
weekend. Although we still haven't resolved the disagreement we had over the summer. But it's hard to say that yes she was right.

Edmund walked into the room but I stayed silent. I couldn't look at him. His jaw was tense and a dark look covered his face when finally I faced him. Waiting felt like forever before words left his mouth "you will not leave this house until I come get you tonight" he growled out "I expect you to look at least presentable by the time I come back" there was no classes today, like every Friday. I loved the long weekends, but weekends with a pissed off Edmund was the worst "I understand" my voice was low but it was all I could muster up to say. He slammed the door behind him which made me flinch. The anger built up in me and tried everything to release it. Throwing the pillows of the sofa, turning over the table but it wasn't until I smashed the vase that the soaring pain erupted in my head and flashes that I couldn't understand showed. What where these images. The pain was to intense that I fell on my knees holding my head hoping it would be over soon.

When it did eventually stop my breathing was uneven and a sheen layer of sweet covered my body. I sat there on the living room floor with tears streaming down my face. Why can't I just remember.