Chapter Thirteen: 946

Three days. I had counted. Three god forsaken days, stuck inside this white padded cell. I had been put through torture before, and I was known to never crack. But this, this was slowly breaking me. The compartment slid out and I grabbed it before it could slide back in. 

"Please just let me out! Get L, please!" I screamed and let the metal go. It quickly retracted, and silence greeted me again. I put my hands in my lap and pulled on my hair. I hated to admit it, but Tyler was right.  I did snap. 

It was yesterday, and horrible. I had pulled out some hair, and screamed my lungs out. There were scratches on my arms, where I had clawed myself. Collin, Mike, and Emily. The three names repeated themselves over and over again. Dead. Dead. Alive. 

"I must say Elise, you really scared me yesterday." I hadn't heard the door open. Tyler stood there, and I ran over and hugged him tightly. I needed comfort, even if it was from him. He smoothed my hair down and hugged me back. 

"Mark and Maya were so angry and worried. I separated them for now, but it's time to get to work.  Miss Chadsey is down in the weapons department, and Mark is at the computers, both supervised of course. So that leaves you, and you get to train. Afterwards, I'm going to need your help with paperwork." Why was he trusting me with confidential documents?

"Nothing very important, if that's what you're thinking. Come on, let's get you settled." He grabbed my hand, and I complied. He stopped when he saw my arms. 

"Oh Silver, what did you do to yourself? I thought you would be safer there, just for now. I was wrong, you hurt yourself." He trailed kisses up my arm and I had to swallow bile. 

"I-It was for my own good Ty. Why don't you just take me down to training, I'll be fine." I waved him off. Pulling out a blindfold, he smiled apologetically. 

"Just for safety Elise, now hold still." He tied the blindfold, and instantly my other senses were heightened. He pushed me forward, but still being very gentle.  What were the odds of this happening to me. I had some sort of twisted luck on my side, because this could be worse. 

"Tyler?" I asked quietly. I had to know the answer to this question. 

"Yes Elise?" He responded sweetly. I felt us turn a corner, and could hear the cement echoing. 

"Why me? Why were Mark, Maya and I chosen, we're not that special?" I felt him stiffen and knew I had hit my mark. We stopped in the hallway abruptly. 

"Listen to me Elise. You're special, extraordinary. You can do things most assasins can't, even though you show emotion. Plus, I fell in love with you the second I saw you." A bit creepy.  I swallowed as we kept walking. 

"I need you. Coyle will protect my brother, and um-" He cut off. It wasn't news to me, but I acted surprised.  He swore quietly. 

"You didn't tell me you had a little brother. What's his name?" I asked. We stopped, and i heard some gunshots. 

"I never said he was little. Elise don't play dumb, you know him." That was confusing, no I didn't.

"I don't know him Tyler, tell me who he is. Please." I begged him. He shrugged me off, looking upset.

"This is the trianing area. James here will help you out at the beginning, but you know what you're doing. I'll come back down in a few hours, someone will bring you food if you want. If you need anything ask James." He seemed upset. As much as I loathed him, I needed him to start to trust me. He was about to leave, so I grabbed his arm. 

"Ty, if you need anyone to talk to, I'm here. I don't forgive you, but I don't like seeing you upset." I smiled. He turned around, and smiled at me.