Chapter Twenty-Three: 152

*Warning, Language is severe in this chapter. Near the end though. And also, this chapter moves very fast, you have been warned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life never really turns up the way that we thought it would. It had never crossed my mind that I would be "dating" the head of the corporation that basically kills people like me. In fact, I never thought I would end up a criminal. I thought I would be a therapist, or maybe a teacher.

Life always had other plans for me.

I could've gone with Emily and Eric, I could have left Tyler. If I did that though, BrickStone would be stronger than ever, with a leader hell bent on revenge. Sometimes, you have to make sacrifices in the game, for your team to win. My game was a little different though, and one of my most important game pieces was currently the subject of a large manhunt.

"Did you mind him Martin? The second I get my hands on him I'm going to kill him. Maybe I'll torture him, slowly to death. That kid has almost ruined me, and he wants Elise." He slammed his hand down on the bedside table. One bed, one very large bed currently had me and Mark sitting on it. His fingers were flying on the keyboard. My watch vibrated fr the umpteenth time, and I had to check it out.

Going to the bathroom, I lay the watch on the counter. It looked like a normal digital watch, and I pressed some buttons. Suddenly, a compartment of the watch opened, and a small flash drive popped out.

Normal digital watch my ass.

I tried to remember who had given it to me, but couldn't. All I had to do was plug this flashdrive in and see what was on it. Tyler had hung up the phone, looking upset.

"Elise, I'm so sorry but I have to meet with Martin for about twenty minutes. You can go anywhere in the hotel, but promise me you won't leave." He begged and I nodded. He ran out of the hotel, and I saw his wallet on the table. Mark was too preoccupied to notice, so I swiped a few bills, grabbed my headphones and left the room. This hotel had an Internet station somewhere.

"DADDDYYYYY!" I heard a little boy cry. Seconds later, he ran into my legs, sobbing. He started to hug them, and I sighed. Leaning down as best I could, I slowly picked him up. He couldn't be older than four.

"DARREN! DARREN WHERE ARE YOU!" I heard a panicked scream and ran towards the source. A man was running in my direction, and I held out his son.

"Oh thank god Darren, thank you so much miss." The man thanked me. Her son wouldn't let go of me though, and clung tightly, shaking his head.

"You're not my daddy." Oh come on! The man chuckled and shook his head. Darren hid his face in my shoulder. I didn't have time for this, and I was going to hell for this. Quickly, I pushed Darren off me and into his "father's" arms. He screamed after me, but I had to get going.

As I ran through the corridors, I frowned. I can't believe I had just given a child to a random stranger. There was the sign for the Internet! I quickly booted it up, and plugged the flash drive in. Digging out my headphones from my pocket I quickly put them in. Thankfully, the Internet station faced a wall, no one would see what was on the screen.

ELISE SILVER

One of the files read. I clicked on it and a video popped up. I made sure my headphones were in tightly and pressed play. Bradley's face popped up on the screen, and I jumped a little bit.

"Elise, listen to me. Hopefully you'll have found this after you have seen me. I'm going to get you away from Tyler, I know your plan. It won't work though. Tyler has already picked someone to take over BrickStone, he's planning to leave. There will be no grace period in which we can attack in. We as the Resistance only have one hope, and that's us. You are distracting Tyler, we already have thirty resistance members inside BrickStone working as operatives." That was new.