Chapter Twenty-One: 207

"Should I get her a puppy or something?" I heard Tyler ask. It was fuzzy though, and I forced myself to stay still.

"Maybe, but you can't buy her. Did you hear that he put a hit on me and Cane to be killed? How did he find out, and why Eric?" Tucker. That traitor. I wanted to hear more of this though.

"I actually have no idea man, he's really resourceful." Tyler really stressed the word he.

"He wants my Elise." My Elise? I could feel eyes on me, and turned over. Might as well do something interesting.

"Tyler. Tyler, I'm so sorry." I whispered, but I knew he heard me. Gag. Tucker groaned and I could feel Tyler wrap his arms around me. I should win an Oscar.

"How does she not hate me. She should be hating me!" He exclaimed quietly, as if not to wake me.

"What if he gets her? She loves him like a brother, she'll always pick him over me." That was true, I didn't love Jared. I did once though, but that was in the past. Why were they talking about Jared?

"He won't get her, and she's yours. She loves you, stop thinking about what Cane said. If she didn't love you, she wouldn't be here. Now why is there a ticket on Cane's head, and how did they find out about me?" Tucker sounded confused. Tyler shifted me so I was cradled in his arms, sitting in his lap. I felt my watch vibrate slightly. What the?

"Eric Cane! It's Eric Cane!" Tyler shouted, and stood up with me in his arms. I pretended to wake up, all confused. It wasn't much of a stretch, I was so confused about Eric.

"Tyler? Tyler, you're here! Oh I was so scared you'd leave me!" I wrapped my arms around him.

"Elise, I would never leave you. Why on earth made you think that I would even think about leaving you!" I looked over at Tucker, and pretended to be surprised.

"You traitor! How could you betray Danny like that, he's your friend!" I jumped out of Tyler's arms but he held me back.

"How are you any different Houston? You left them for Tyler, I was never with them. If only Bradley could see you now, he would be disgusted." He spat, then went pale. My fists were by my sides.

I turned around and kissed Tyler. Gently I pushed him away and tackled Tucker to the ground. Placing my weight on him, I placed my hand on his throat.

"What the hell do you know about him. I will kill you, I do it for a living." He shook his head defiantly. 

"I have nothing to lose Tucker, and if you're smart, that should scare you. Now tell me, what do you know about Bradley!" I felt Tyler trying to pull me off gently, but I pushed him away. I started to squeeze my hands around his neck.

"Elise! Stop it, please! You're going to kill him!" Tyler exclaimed and yanked me back. I reluctantly let go of Tucker's neck, but still struggled against Tyler.

"I know about Bradley, he was one of my closest friends. In fact he's my c-" A gunshot went off before he could finish. Tucker's eyes widened and he collapsed to the ground. I hit the ground seconds later, but there was no more gunfire. The window had a small bullet hole in it, and I saw a flash of blond hair as someone ran from the bushes, way down below. We were at least twenty floors up.

"Tucker!" Tyler screamed and ran to his cousin's side. He was dead, that bullet hit him straight between the eyes. Whoever did it was trained, a killer like myself.  The downside was that I had no more info on Bradley, Tyler wouldn't tell me anything.  When he turned to me, I saw him crying. 

"No!" He choked out. I wrapped my arms around him as he sobbed. Family meant a lot to all of us, and he had just lost his cousin. 

"Elise, can you get me the phone please." I looked around for his cell and found it on the table. Handing it to him, he quickly dialed a number.