Chapter Two: 153

My first kill was a man named Charles Kenneth, or 153. I killed him with my first gun, and it was exhilarating. After a while, the novelty had worn off and it was just my job. But I was different than most killers.

In fact, I've always been different. Michael Dodd told me I was different from the start. He saw greatness in me, he said. It was all crap though, he didn't see anything in me but some dollars signs.. I'm making myself sound like a prostitute.

As I opened the door, the first thing I saw was Emily's tear stained face. Her brown eyes, that were usually bright and happy, were filled with fear. She reminded me of the old Elise, who was vulnerable and weak.

"Come with us nicely, Silver, and we won't hurt the girl. A man said, pointing a gun at Emily's head. She whimpered, and he grinned. I looked behind him, and smirked. There were only five men, what were they thinking? I opened the door a little wider.

"Why don't we talk about this inside? I'm sure the cop across the street would love to see what was going on?" I suggested slyly. The man looked worried for a second, then put his emotionless mask back on.

"I don't buy it Silver. You have ten seconds to give up before her brains are splattered on the sidewalk, and then you're going to be taken to BrickStone. Give it up Silver, there's no way you could win." I prayed that Jared would do something, I was stuck.

"Ten, Nine, Eight." He teased. Emily looked like she was going to pass out.

"Seven, Six." Three of the men behind him fell down silently. Jared. I resisted the urge to look up.

"Five, Four.." I remained motionless as the rest of the group fell to the ground with quiet thumps.

"Hey ugly!" Jared shouted from the roof. The man looked up and at that moment I sprung into action. I pushed his gun up, and a shot rang out. Emily was shoved behind me, and I pushed her down.

"Brat!" The man roared and tackled me. He pinned my wrists and grinned, but I spat in his face. With that distraction and flipped him over , banging his head on the sidewalk.

"Here's what's going to happen. We're leaving, and you aren't going to follow us. Got it?" He nodded and I got off. Jared appeared beside me and handed me my bag. I glared at the man one last time, and turned away.

"Silver!" He shouted weakly. I turned around, on instinct. He had stood up.

"If you go now, L might show mercy." I scoffed, I didn't need his mercy. Quick as lightning, the man drew his weapon and shot me in the leg. I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming in pain.

"By the way Silver, my name is Andrew. You might want to remember that." He ran away and Jared refused to pursue him. He tore off some of his shirt and wrapped it around my leg.

"Elise this looks really bad. You need Hannah now, I don't care what you think." I shook my head.

"No." I said weakly, but he ignored me and placed me gently in the car. Pulling out his cell, he called her.

"Hannah I'll be there in five minutes with Elise. I know where you are. Elise was shot and she's losing blood." He yelled over the phone. Waiting a few seconds, he muttered a good-bye and then hung up.

"Why did he want us to know his name? What importance will that have?" I asked quietly, struggling to stay awake. Besides being an assassin like me, Hannah was also a medic. Jared placed a hand on my forehead.

"You're burning up Elise. I don't know what the hell just happened, or who that Andrew guy was. He looked middle-age, maybe thirty. Probably an operative." Jared honked his horn as he was cut off. I leaned against the window.