Chapter Nineteen: 442

"My name is Bradley, I'm fourteen almost fifteen, and I'm from Massachusetts originally. You stole my target by the way." I assessed the blond boy sitting on the bed. 

"I'm Elise. I'm twenty one, and I'm from Queens. Now tell me Bradley, why is such a young teen killing? I mean, normally they don't start training until you're at least eighteen." He shrugged and walked over to the minibar.  I noticed his dirty clothes. 

"Do you need a place to stay for the night? We could order room service, watch a movie." I felt a bit of sympathy for the young boy. His face lit up. 

"I would love that Elise, thank you." I smiled at him as I picked up the TV remote.

"AWESOME!" Bradley yelled, and I shushed him. I hated action movies, but the Terminator was pretty epic. 

"You're going to wake the whole hotel up!" I jokingly snapped at him. He shrugged and leaned against me, closing his eyes. 

"Thanks again Elise, you're a life saver." He murmured, and I slowly leaned back.

"Goodnight Bradley." I felt an instant connection with this teenager. For a moment, I wasn't evil, or damned. This kid needed me, and I could help him. 

For a moment, I wasn't a monster.

"Checkmate." I cornered his Queen. Danny leaned back in his chair as he looked over his options.

"Nice job Silver! Play again?" I shook my head. Walking over to the minibar, I grabbed a coke and threw one to him. 

"So tell me Danny, have you ever been inside BrickStone?" He shook his head.

"Then why are you fighting against it." Opening the can, I took a sip and surveyed the young boy known as Daniel.

Tall, lanky, but athletic, he stood over me by at least a head. He must have been around twenty, near Bradley's age. He had jet black hair, with dark eyes that seemed to notice everything. 

"You're a hacker, aren't you." It wasn't a question, I knew the answer. His slender fingers tapped lightly at his side as he nodded.

"You're good Silver, but I guess you knew that. Can you guess how old I am?" I pursed my lips, that was tough.

"Twenty-one?" I guessed. He nodded, impressed. "You're twenty six, I already knew that though. Do you have any siblings?" He asked and I nodded.

"A brother, named Mike. He's um, at BrickStone." Danny looked sympathetic. 

"I'm sorry. I have a little sister, but she's only seven. Her name is Clara." His eyes turned sad when he mentioned her. 

"Hey Danny, it's okay. I miss my sibling too, even if he did betray me." I hugged him. He smiled at me and stood up. 

"Do you want to do something? Here, I have something cool to show you!" He clapped his hands, all traces of sadness gone.

"Sure Danny, what is it?" He grabbed my wrist and covered my eyes. He pushed me forward and we akwardly walked along the hallways.

In a funny way, the Restistance building looked a bit like BrickStone. However, it was so much warmer and cozier and nicer. Instead of white walls, they were different colors, and the floor was carpeted. It was significantly smaller though, and I had to share a room with Tucker. Who sleep talked. 

Well I did too, but still.

"Nice Danny, I guess I owe you five bucks." I froze, and Danny did too. Shoving Danny away from me, I went up to Tucker.