Chapter Twenty: 389

"This was a stupid idea Silver, you're way too rash." Tyler handed me a hot dog. I rolled my eyes and pulled my sweater closer to me. It was freezing out here.

"I needed answers, immediately. Now tell me where Coyle is, and then I'll give you what you ask for. Within reason. And tell the man in the plaid sweater to beat it, or I'll shoot him in the face. Got it?" The man stuck out from the crowd easily. Tyler looked annoyed, and dialed a number into his cell. The man picked up seconds later.

"Stand down Jones, get away from the area, now." I shook my head disapprovingly.

"What part of 'come alone' did you not understand? The little respect I had for you has now gone out the window. Now tell me where Jared is Patel." I snapped at him. I felt my phone vibrate and knew it was Eric. He was probably running around the city looking for me.

"First, we discuss payment. I want a list of ten criminals, that you know. Names, phone numbers, anything that you can find. Ten. No more, no less." I had expected this. All this man wanted was names.

"Done. I actually have fifteen, because I was feeling gracious." I pulled out the sheet of paper and handed it to him. Of course most of those names were duds and fakes, but he didn't have to know that.

"Coyle is in Brooklyn, close to here. He's been in contact with some members of the Resistance, then ran into some gang trouble. He's fine now, and sharing an apartment with some guy. That's all I know." It sounded suspicious.

"If you know all that, why not go capture him. He's putty in your hands now, go get him." He looked frustrated.

"Mark couldn't get me an exact location, it's blocked by an extremely good hacker. I think his name is Daniel, he was on my list." His list?

"You know, you and Mark, then Maya and finally Daniel." Poor Danny.

"Whatever. I guess we're done then. Hopefully I will never have to see you again." Tyler looked sad for a second, then set his lips in a frown.

"I'm sorry Elise, you know I can't let you get away." Of course. I saw this coming from a mile ago. Thankfully the park was crowded with people.

"Oh Ty, you have to let me go. It was our deal right?" I felt my cell phone vibrate again.

"No! I'm not loosing you again Silver!" Bit dramatic? Grabbing his hand, we started to walk along the path.

"Tyler, you know that I still have feelings for you. But you need to let me go, please. I can't be cooped up like that, please Tyler." I lied and faked a pout. Leaning my head against his shoulder lightly.

"I need you Elise, you drive me crazy. You complete my team, and me." Gag.

"You drive me insane Tyler. I just want to be around you all the time, but I can't because of what you do. Tyler, why can't you just quit BrickStone. We could be together, no regrets." This was a long shot. I actually had no clue what I was doing. I was surprised at how Tyler got here though. Maybe he was going to New York anyways.

"We could? For real, I mean get married, have kids, everything!" The thought of spending the rest of my life with Tyler horrified me.

"Yes, everything. If you would just leave BrickStone, we could live happily ever after." Somebody please tell me that those words did not come out of my mouth. I sounded like a twelve year old schoolgirl. Tyler smiled, and brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear. Oh god.

He leaned in and smiled. I grinned back, was this actually working? Just as our lips were about to meet, he whispred something.

"I love you." My mind flashed back to my short stay at BrickStone. He had said those exact words to me. I pressed my lips against his, and tried to go to my happy place.