Shí sì

Jiao Zi - Mandu - Dumplings

On a calm evening, Jisoo left work with her colleagues. At the company building's exit, she saw a shiny sports car at the entrance. The had known the car's owner for many years and seeing that he had shown up, her head started to hurt.

"Jisoo, what's wrong?" A female colleague saw that something was wrong with her expression so they asked with concern, "Are you feeling unwell?"

"I'm alright," Jisoo smiled towards the colleague. After the female colleague left, Jisoo went to mingle with the rest of the group. She left the building with them, ignoring the person standing near the entrance without sparing a single glance at him.

†††††††

Once Jisoo got home, she cooked a bowl of noodles for herself. Once done, she switched on the computer and began on her novel. Because of her work for the past couple of days, the rate at which she was posting the chapters for her novels had slowed down, but there had been a few ideas building up in her mind so her speed in which she was typing was relatively fast.

Jisoo was never good at dealing with the soft and gentle parts which were her weakness as a writer. She does enjoy writing but she disliked writing those weak and soft female leads. All the female leads that she had written were fierce, adaptable, and even schemers but she had never written a female lead that was weak or deeply attached to someone and cannot live without them.

When Jisoo was young, her father took off with another woman with all the money from the joint account which he had with her mother. Her mother cried for a brief period but quickly stood back up, stronger than before as she carried on with her life. This enlightened Jisoo that tears does nothing apart from gaining sympathy from others.

Rather than wasting the energy in hopes that the man, who had committed a wrong, would have a change in mind and return, it would definitely be better to gain the courage to stand up again. Even if life was going to be difficult, at least they would not lose themself or their dignity. Jisoo believed in love but she would never easily place all her hope in it, and that was why when the situation with Seulgi occured, she did felt disappointed but not hopeless.

To give up on future relationships and love interests because of one bad relationship, that is one foolish woman. But after coming across a failed relationship without learning from it, then that is another failure as a woman.

After drinking some coffee, she stared at the stars that shone outside the window. Men and women are all the same. Men are able to balance their careers and love, so there's no reason a woman can't do the same. A rational relationship is nevertheless better than a relationship where one loses their reason and then everything else in the end.

Putting down her cup, she carried on with another paragraph. Suddenly, her phone began to ring and she went to pick it up from the computer desk before answering the call while her sight remained locked onto the computer screen as she checked for any mistakes.

"Hello, this is Jisoo speaking. May I know who this is?"

"Jisoo, it's me."

Jisoo's right hand, that was typing on the keyboard, paused and she withdrew it. "Seulgi, are you calling me for something?" Has this young heir been too lonely recently?

There was silent for a moment before the familiar voice started speaking again, "I have broken up with Irene"

"Really?" Jisoo languidly rested on the back of the chair.