Èr shí wǔ

"I know you like Jisoo..."

"... so please look after her in the future, and don't do anything wrong like I did. Otherwise, you'll end up just like me."He continued

When Dong Wook finished speaking, Jisoo's expression changed slightly. Meanwhile, Lisa, who was seated on the side, replied while maintaining her gentlemanly demeanour.

"Thank you for CEO Lee's reminder. But even if you hadn't reminded me, I would have still looked after her very well."

Jisoo glanced at Lisa from the corner of her eye and thought, Can you not go with the flow and agree so smoothly?

Dong Wook could hear her discontentment and her willingness to protect Jisoo in her words. Dong Wook laughed bitterly. He wasn't sure whether he should be feeling relieved or ashamed.

He was afraid that to Jisoo, he was just a distant and irresponsible father, and that he didn't even have right to say those words. No wonder Lisa had such an attitude when speaking to him.

But he felt somewhat happy that Lisa treated him like that because it at least proved that Lisa was serious about Jisoo.

"Chi Chu, all those years ago, I ..." Dong Wook felt regret from the bottom of his heart.

If he had stayed with Kim Eun-soo for all those years, his life might have been much better than his current one. A successful daughter. A virtuous wife. Why was he so muddle-headed then, resulting in him ending up like this today?

Jisoo had a sip of coffee. It was somewhat bitter. She smiled, unconcerned.

"I don't have the right to judge the things that happened between you and my mother. Unfortunately, you too do not have the right to look for my mother to discuss about the past either. You should carry on being a big CEO. My mother and I are currently living very well. Please do not disturb us."

Dong Wook's lip twitched. Looking at his expressionless daughter in front of him, he didn't know what else to say.

"I still have something to do tonight, but CEO Lee is welcome to collaborate with Cha Battda in the future." Jisoo stood up and went to the counter to pay.

Lisa expression darkened as she looked at Jisoo's back. Her gaze returned to Dong Wook, who looked stunned.

"Mr. Lee, I should also leave now. Excuse me."

Sitting all alone at a table, Dong Wook took out the crumpled cheque. The 'ten million won' on the cheque made him shudder. He had asked around for Jisoo in the past. He found out that she had graduated a bit more than a year ago before joining a joint venture company.

But later on, a colleague plagiarized her work, which caused Jisoo to quit and break up with someone who was a small shareholder of Kang Seulgi. She then joined a beverage company called Cha Battda. Where was Jisoo going to find a ten million to pay back JinChu's CEO in such a short amount of time?

Chi Chu's personality is similar to her mother's. Dong Wook sighed and put the cheque back into his pocket before making his way towards the exit slowly.

When the car reached Jisoo's building, Lisa opened the car door for her. When Jisoo got out of the car, Lisa suddenly said, "Jisoo, let's try it out."

Jisoo stopped moving. She turned around and looked at Lisa, who was still standing by the car, and raised her eyebrows.

"Try?"