Sān shí

Rubbing her hair, which was almost dried, Jisoo switched off the TV and sat down before the computer.

[Today's mushroom and fish head soup was very tasty; perhaps I'm truly in luck.]

Soon after posting this comment on insta, many replies had begun questioning how soup and luck were related.

A comment by someone called "Waiting For Happiness" made Jisoo laugh because he said that it was indeed lucky because if the soup was made badly, the taste would be horrible.

The image of Lisa wearing an apron floated in her mind. Jisoo shook her head. Then she opened Word and started typing her novel. A successful CEO that could cook appeared to be particularly attractive.

Lisa looked at the short post on the computer screen. She was in a great mood. Unlocking her phone, Lisa gave her assistant a call to confirm her schedule for tomorrow.

†††††††

After Jisoo became the general manager's assistant, the number of times she had entered the general manager's office increased tremendously. So when she saw that her book was being held by the astute female manager, a wave of complex feelings rushed over Jisoo.

Park Bom smiled when she saw Jisoo's surprised face so she explained, "It's not official working hours yet. It's fine to kill some time. It's unfortunate that I didn't have the time to go to this author's signing event last weekend."

Luckily you didn't go. The shock would not have been good for my heart, thought Jisoo.

"Never would I have thought that the general manager also reads novels; it's rather surprising."

"Us women should learn to treat ourselves." Park Bom thought about Park Rosé, who had ambiguous feelings towards Lisa, and stopped flipping through the pages of the book. But when she noticed that Jisoo was clearly in a pretty good mood, Park Bom felt like she shouldn't say anything about it. "Right. I heard that you are good friends with the Son family's successor?"

"You're talking about Son Seung Wan?" Jisoo remembered that she had just contacted her friend last night. "Is there anything wrong with her?"

"It's nothing. It's just that I went to visit the Son family yesterday and we just happened to talk about you. The two seniors seem to really like you." Park Bom never thought that Jisoo's social network would be so broad. She was a little surprised by it but the favourable impression she had of Jisoo had further improved.

This type of women made others admire them. Park Bom flipped a page of the book. As expected, she preferred women who were relatively strong.

"General Manager, if you like this author's books, I can gift you an autographed set of them." It was an honour to Jisoo that a woman with such a successful career liked her books. Jisoo was very happy.

"You have a set of her books? And it's an autographed set?" Park Bom looked at Jisoo, stunned. "I heard that this author rarely sells autographed books when they are published. You have connections within such a network?"

"It can be considered as ... knowing a few people." Jisoo laughed dryly. In any case, it was just her own signature. It wasn't a difficult thing to do.

"If you can really get me the full set, then this year, you'll get two extra days added to your annual leave." Park Bom evidently did not perceive not separating business and personal matters as something to be condemned.

"No problem." Jisoo nodded happily.

It was a coincidental gain for her. It would be a waste to reject it. Didn't she have a couple copies of them at her place? All she need to do was sign them. For once, she finally felt that writing novels was not just about getting a glass trophy.