II

The three White Doves only got to sleep for a few hours before they were all roused.

The entire Roost began to shake. Axel woke up from a pleasant dream and swiftly bolted to the window; what he saw caused his heart to sink into his stomach. Axel saw a group of giants passing by. The giants looked hungry, so Axel ducked below the windowsill to avoid being spotted by them. Fable came up alongside Axel. 

"Axel? What is Xenia's name is going on?" Fable inquired. 

"Giants...several of them," Axel replied. "Let's try to drive them out before they get to our wolves."

Axel and Fable began to make their way outside, unaware that the wolves and the giants had already engaged in battle. 

Meanwhile, outside the Roost, Lobo and the other wolves growled at the towering giants, their hackles standing straight. Lobo instinctively stepped in front of the pack and pinned his ears flat against his head while showing his snow-white teeth, which were stained with blood. One of the giants looked down at Lobo, raised his club, and growled under his breath.

"Wolf bother me. Wolf must be smashed with club!" the giant said in somewhat broken English. Lobo barked at the giant, not showing fear; after all, he was the pack leader among the three. Chelly and Akari dug their claws into the soil before they rushed toward the giant and bit his massive, muscular legs, which made the giant swing his club down at the wolves, striking Chelly on the withers. Lobo used his powerful hind limbs to jump up and clamp his jaws down onto the giant's arm, then shook his head violently, which tore off chunks of flesh. Finally, the giant grabbed his club with his other hand and proceeded to beat Lobo over the head.

 Axel and Fable reached the door and took their weapons in hand; Serina soon joined them. Fable looked between her two allies.

"When I give the go, we jump out and ambush them, alright?" Fable stated. Both Axel and Serina nodded in agreement. Then, after a few seconds, the three raced outside and began attacking the giants. Axel conjured a shield spell to protect his allies while Fable began to fire arrows at them giants. Serina conjured a massive spear and hurled it at one of the giants. 

 A giantess with a sword stepped between the White Doves and the alpha giant. The giantess grabbed hold of Axel and brought him up to eye level, her eyes as big as minivans. Axel stared daggers into the blue eyes of the giantess before he reared his arm back and forced his staff into her left eye; Axel didn't take too kindly to being picked up by larger creatures with ill intent. The giantess let out a pained groan when the staff pierced her eye. Axel's feathered robe became splattered in crimson blood. Axel quickly conjured a teleportation spell to escape the grip of the giantess.

The wolves soon brought the alpha giant to the ground, and then, with their powerful jaws, they would tear out the giant's organs; heart, lungs, intestines, and all. The giantess swung her sword down onto Lobo, which knocked the black wolf down onto the ground. Chelly clamped her jaws onto the arm of the giantess. 

Akari swiftly came from the right side of the giantess and bit down on her other arm. The two female wolves then pull the arms of the giantess back, dislocating her shoulders with an audible popping sound. 

 The giantess let out a pained roar as her muscles and ligaments were violently ripped and torn in several places. Lobo rolled to his feet and pounced onto the chest of the giantess, allowing his claws to sink into her skin, slicing through her copious layers of fat and muscle. Lobo bit down on the neck of the giantess, tearing out her throat and killing her within seconds. With victory secured, the trinity of wolves howled at their success before lowering their heads to feast on the corpse of the giantess. Axel approached Lobo and patted his wire-hared leg, his blood-soaked hands staining his fur.