XIX

After waking up after a nice, long nap, Axel was seen by a silver vanity, fixing his hair as bedhead made its mark. Axel was going to search for employment, but first, he needed to shower, shave his five-o-clock shadow, and wash his tunic to rid it of the scent of wolf breath and black magic. 

Axel stepped into the marble bathroom and began to remove his clothing, revealing his chiseled, muscular body. Axel set his clothing on the sink before turning on the showerhead, allowing the cold water to slowly change to hot before stepping in. Axel closed the shower curtain and began to wash his shaggy, white hair, tainted with dirt and debris. 

Axel began to scrub lavender-scented shampoo into his hair, scrubbing it deep into his scalp; little glowing particles of white magic fell out, but this was an everyday occurrence. Axel reached for a bottle of body wash and massaged it all over his body; then Axel rinsed the thick, soapy lather out of his hair. 

Meanwhile, back in the bedroom, Fable was sitting on the bed brushing her hair with a ruby brush, giving her jet-black hair a magical shimmer. Fable then started to get dressed into a black skirt and a white blouse with ruby buttons. Fable then applied a generous amount of makeup to her eyes, lips, and face. Fable then slipped on her high-heeled boots before waiting by the door for Axel. 

Axel finished showering, dried off, got dressed, then went back into the bedroom to find Fable fixed up and ready to hit the streets. Then, a smile formed on Axel's face.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" Axel said as he leaned toward his beloved Fable. "A pretty lady dressed up just for me?" 

"Oh, Axel. Stop it," Fable replied, smiling and blushing a little. Axel gave Fable a little peck on the cheek before walking through the door. Axel turned to face Fable, then gestured for her to follow him. Fable followed Axel. 

Since they were on the streets searching for a business needing employees, Axel and Fable looked around, searching for the perfect place. 

"See anything yet?" Fable asked as her eyes scanned the area. 

"No...not yet," Axel replied. Axel turned his head toward a restaurant when he discovered a help wanted sign on the door. Axel raised an eyebrow and pointed to the sign. "Fable! Look!"  

Fable's eyes followed Axel's pointing finger, and her eyes rested on the sign. "They need help in there?"

"Yea. Let's go in and ask about an interview," Axel replied before he began to advance toward the door. Fable followed behind him. A stroke of worry came over Fable; what if they didn't meet the required criteria? 

Upon entering the restaurant, everyone looked up from their plates and stared at Axel and Fable like aliens. This place was way out of their league. Everyone there had gold coins to burn, while Axel and Fable lived off the land. A friendly waiter approached them.

"Hello, White Doves! Table for two?" The waiter said with an artificial smile painted on his face; it was abundantly clear that he hated his job. Axel would raise a hand. 

"No. We're looking for employment," Axel replied. The waiter lifted his eyebrows.

"Ah! Well, come with me, then! I'll bring you two to the interview room!" The waiter then faced a blank wall. 

"So, I assume we just follow you, right?" Axel asked. The waiter kept staring at the wall. Axel took a step closer to him. "Sir?"

The waiter's hand began to glow with mysterious magic, and then, within seconds, they were teleported into a room with a long, silver table lined with red leather chairs. The waiter folded his hands atop the table and looked at the two White Doves. "So, you wish to work for Felicity's Howl? What skills do you bring to the table?"