XX

Axel and Fable held each other close, their foreheads pressed together; love was in the air, and they felt like it was the perfect night to express their inseparable bond. Axel kissed Fable on the nose, then stroked her silky black hair. 

"Babe, I was thinking about this for a long while now and...well...do you ever think about starting a family? You know, having a kid?"

"Sometimes...wait, where is this going?" Fable responded. 

"Well...maybe we could...try for a baby?" Axel inquired. 

"Are you sure you're truly ready to be a father? It's a massive responsibility." Fable reminded. "And with all of the chaos that is going on in the world and the number of people that want your head, it'll be hard for you to provide for the baby."

"You shouldn't underestimate me, Fable," Axel replied as he played with Fable's hair absentmindedly. "I can be more than just a kickass warrior, you know."

"I...uh..." Fable's eyes explored Axel's body for a moment before they rallied back to his blank white eyes. "I suppose we could try then."

Hours later.

A few hours went by, and Axel and Fable were lying on their backs, staring at the ceiling; the covers that once occupied the bed were now littered across the floor. Axel's hand slithered into Fable's, and then he began to massage her palm with his thumb. 

"Wow...I...woah," Axel said; he was lost for words and was starstruck by the series of events that played out during the three hours of them first getting into bed. Axel looked over at Fable. "How are you feeling? Are you alright?"

"Yea, Axel..." Fable looked at Axel and smiled brightly. "I'm just fine, hon."

Axel's eyes drifted toward the window, and he stared out toward the stars that slept over Ice Storm Village. "You know, I wonder if our kid is truly ready for this world. The creatures, the war, and the land overall. How will they handle it?"

"That's up to us...well if I even get pregnant." Fable's eyes drifted toward her feet. "If I don't get pregnant, then what?"

"Then we try again!" Axel replied. 

"I...I guess you're right." Fable looked out the window as well. "I see the constellation of Caldrufini. I wonder if that's him staring down at us." 

"Heh, let him. I turned him into worm food." Axel looked back at Fable, then kissed her on the cheek. "Well, are you ready for tomorrow?"

"Of course." Fable went silent for a moment before speaking. "I love you."

"I love you more," Axel retorted, trying to stir Fable up. 

"No, I love you more," Fable replied. 

"I love you even more," Axel replied. 

"Alright, fine. You win. You love me more," Fable said, surrendering to her lover. Axel chuckled before gently laying down on the bed with Fable next to him. 

"Well, I'm glad you understand that," Axel said before pulling Fable close to his chest, feeling her welcoming warmth. "I hope nothing comes between us."

"Me neither," Fable replied before pressing her head against Axel's neck. "I'm sure Xenia will protect us if something were to happen." 

"I'm sure she would," Axel said before kissing Fable on the forehead. "Well, goodnight, babe."

"Goodnight, honey."

Axel and Fable soon drifted off to sleep. The next day was going to be quite eventful.