X

It was around three in the morning when Fable started to twitch and mumble in her sleep. Fable's lips curled into a snarl as she began to grip her hair. Fable suddenly sprung awake, panting. Fable glanced over at Axel, who was slumbering like a rock. Fable wrapped her arms around Axel and laid her head on him, then began to gently massage his muscular arms; occasionally, she ran her fingers between the grooves of his biceps.

"Babe, I had a bad dream," Fable said softly, trying to wake Axel up but trying to stay quiet herself. "Cuddle me." 

Axel rolled onto his back and slowly opened his eyes. Axel looked up into Fable's entrancing gaze and sighed. "Come here." Axel gently pulled Fable down toward his chest; then he gently rubbed her back; her skin was smooth like silk and immaculate like the wings of an angel. Fable smiled.

"I love it when you touch me. Your hands are always so warm and welcoming." Fable allowed a red flame to form in her hand to provide the pair with a soft, romantic light. The ruby fire brought forth a beautiful glow to Fable's eyes. "You know, just you and me in a dark room illuminated by a delicate yet strong fire adds romantic flair. Wouldn't you agree?" 

"Yea, I would say so." Axel took a moment to admire Fable's beautiful body. "The lighting really brings out your figure. Did you know that?" Axel looked back up into Fable's mystical eyes. "It also brings out your eyes." Axel then cupped Fable's cheek with his hand. "Your cheeks are so rosy. Are you blushing?"

Fable was indeed blushing. Fable nodded and dropped her head down in embarrassment. Axel pushed Fable's chin back up. "Don't be embarrassed. I think it's adorable!" Axel playfully pinched Fable's cheek. "You're just a little cutie pie!" 

Fable blushed even more. "Oh, stop it you!" Fable gently pushed Axel back and buried her face in the silk blankets. Axel smirked charmingly as he lifted Fable's chin up, then he planted a firm kiss right on her plump, youthful lips. 

Fable sunk into the kiss; a wave of endorphins raced through her like raging rapids. It felt bittersweet to be kissed by the man of Fable's dreams. It almost didn't seem real. 

Axel released the kiss, then gently caressed Fable's plump, rosy cheeks. 

"I love you, Fable," Axel said sweetly before laying his head on her chest. "I will never leave your side, no matter what happens."

Fable nuzzled Axel with her petite, button nose. 

"That was amazing. I love you too, babe," Fable cooed as she smiled as bright as a star; her smile went away when she heard Serina crying in the living room. Fable looked at the door, then up at Axel, who was now sitting up on the bed. "Should we go check on her?"

"Right with you," Axel replied before getting out of bed and fixing his hair. Axel went to the door, opened it ajar, and peeked through the crack to see Serina curled up on the couch, hugging her knees, bawling. But why? Axel opened the door and slowly advanced toward Serina, whose body was illumined by the moonlight that was cast upon her through the window. "Serina? Are you okay?" Axel sat on the couch beside her. "Serina?"

"Serina? Tell us what's wrong. We're here for you." Fable gently ran her hand through Serina's soft, brown hair. Serina turned and looked up at Fable before hiding her face, continuing to bawl. Fable cupped a hand under Serina's chin. "It's alright. Don't cry. We're here to help you."

"I'll never find love!" Serina exclaimed, her voice choked up with tears. Serina gasped before crying some more. "It's not fair! Why can't I ever have cuddles? I...I'll never be loved!"

"Aww. Don't think like that." Fable rubbed Serina's cheek with her thumb. "I'm sure there is someone in this realm for you." Fable allowed her hand to glow with diamond energy and used it to elicit calmness in the fellow White Dove. "Xenia has someone for everyone. You should know that."

"You don't understand!" Serina cried out. "I try my best, but nobody notices!" Serina gripped the couch and cried into one of its cushions. "Just leave me alone!" Fable and Axel both stood up, looked at each other, then began to walk back to the bedroom. Fable turned to Serina.

"Do you at least want an extra blanket?" Fable offered. 

"No! Go away!" Serina curled up on the couch and pulled the quilt over herself. Fable sighed and headed back into the bedroom with Axel. All three of the White Doves, even Serina, eventually fell asleep and didn't wake up until the morning.