Twelve

Imani

I woke up around six to a vibrating phone, I picked mine up and it was silent. I moved over to grab Leo's and it was his mom calling. I shook him softly and he groaned. "It's your mom, Leo."

He grabbed the phone and answered it. He stood up and grabbed his pants, leaving my room to go talk. I stretched and decided to turn on Rick and Morty. My phone was ringing and it was Jordyn facetiming me.

"Hey boo." I greeted. She was in the car and I could tell she was driving.

"Hey love, how are you?" She asked. I smiled, remembering what just took place.

"I'm doing splendid, just woke up from a great nap. How are you?" I responded. Her blinker was making that clicking sound and she turned it off.

"I'm good I was going to see if you wanted to work out with me today, then later around ten we're going to Di's to try on the costumes for Saturday." She mentioned. I hummed, and walked into the bathroom.

"Yeah, I just stretched so I think this was a sign to do a little workout today." I responded.

"Yay! I'll be there in five. No rush, though I have to stop and get gas." She said. I nodded, while brushing my teeth. I changed into my workout clothes and used the vaseline stick around my stomach and waist area. I put on my waist trainer and Cardi B shoes from Reebok.

I put my hair in a ponytail and headed downstairs. Leo was there watching Family Guy and he was typing on his phone. "Is your mom okay?" I asked. He nodded, before turning around.

"Where are you off to?" He questioned, while I got my smoothie out of the fridge.

"Working out with Jordy, then later on we're going over to Di's house to try on our outfits for Saturday." I answered, grabbing my straw out of the sink, placing it in its case, zipping my fanny pack up.

"I was going to see if you were busy and you wanted to tag along." I added. He hummed, and stood up.

"I'll see if I'm out of the studio in time." He says. I cheered and hugged him. "I'll walk you out, so what time you think you're going to be home?"

I thought silently before grabbing my keys off of the magnet. "Eleven-ish, maybe twelve."

"Just text me when you get home and I'll come back." He said, opening the door to see Dylan about to ring my doorbell.

"Hi, Imani." He stammered, looking from me to Leon, then back to me.

"Dylan, what are you doing here?" I asked, looking from the food in his hand to the bottle of wine.

"I wanted to drop you off something before I leave, I didn't know you were occupied." He retorted throwing a side look Leon's way.

"Thank you." I said grabbing the items, walking back toward the kitchen. I walked back and Leon and Dylan were sizing each other up. "Where are you going?"

"Julia's birthday is next weekend so my parent's and I are throwing her a party back home." He explained. I nodded.

"Send my love." I spoke."When are you leaving?" Leon snaked his arm around my waist, Dylan caught this and his face fell.

"Uh- uh Sunday. My flight leaves Sunday." He answered. I heard a honk outside and I seen Jordyn pulling into my driveway.

"Well have a safe flight, I'm headed to the gym. I grabbed my smoothie and keys, but before I left Leon spun me around and kissed me before letting me go. I glared at him before shooting a dry smile at Dylan who threw me a pained smile. I walked to Jordyn's car after locking my door and escorting Leo and Dylan out. I felt their eyes on me as I hopped in my friend's ride.

"Woah, you're giving Elena, right now." She says backing out of my driveway. I sighed.

"I bet I am, but I don't believe I love Leon in that way, it's just the way he makes my body feel." I start, putting on my seatbelt and getting on aux. "Dylan has always had my heart, even now. I may be upset with him and need time to myself to think, but I know I want him."

I selected Polo G's new album and set my phone in my lap. "Then why are you leading Leon on?"

I buried my face in my hands. "I'm not trying to! He's just always there and available. I'm not seeking his attention willingly. He did ask me to marry him if I hadn't found anyone by my thirtieth birthday party."

Jordy squealed and stopped at the red light. "Oh my gosh. That is so sweet, because of your mom's will, right?" I nodded and pinched the skin between my eyes.

"Yeah, it's screwed up but if that's what my mom left her inheritance for who am I to question it." I responded as she pulled into her driveway.

"Well, it's tradition for the parents to pay for the wedding." Jordyn mentioned. I nodded and unbuckled my seatbelt.

"I get that." I said grabbing my smoothie and closing the door. "-but I'm twenty nine and my birthday is in nine months. I don't think you should put a time limit on a husband."

She opened the gate to her backyard and I followed her in. "Yeah, then again she passed away five years ago, so.. not saying there is a time limit, but you definitely had enough space and opportunity to meet someone."

She opened the space where all her equipment was and I sat my smoothie on the table. We did a warm-up and yoga, along with taking pictures.

She led me through her everyday workout and fifteen minutes in I couldn't breath. I sipped some of my smoothie and pushed through the rest of the workout.

Thirty minutes passed, we were both laying in a starfish position, gathering air. It took all the strength I had in me to get up and help Jordyn up as well. She went inside and showered while I waited. Jodie came out and spoke, we talked a little bit about my brand. Then her older sister came out and grabbed her keys.

"Alright, let's dip." She announced, causing Jodie to walk inside. "Jodie, want to come with?"

"Mom's picking me up in ten, maybe next time." She replied, I laughed and Jordyn looked at me.

"Girl, come on." My friend says, leading me to her car.

After she brought me back to my house, I showered and rushed back downstairs. We head over to Di's.

_______________

short chapter

edited a lil bit