Twenty Three

a lil message before you start the chapter... there is the sex- involved. enjoy

Imani

August 25th 2021

I was done filming my music video and Dylan was on break from filming his movie, so we were boarding our flight to the Hawaii. I had rented us the private villa on a secluded beach. It was a five hour and fifty-three minute flight, which wasn't long at all. I had my earbuds in playing my album- which was almost done, Ari was sending in her verse for track five, which I titled Ethereal. My album was mostly me, along with one song with Amala and the rest Vic's vocals were heard. The deluxe would be released two months after the album, so my album can marinate with the people.

My two singles were charting from my extended play, Zodiac and Fantasy.

I decided to sign to Republic Records, after my lawyer negotiated my contract, to one million and full creative control along with long term flexibility, guaranteed releases, limited recording commitments, large recording funds, limited merch rights, tour support, reasonable advance.

After, we return from Dylan's birthday trip, I'm spending all my time in the studio to finish my album.

I have been writing lyrics all week, once vacation is over time to put myself to work.

I had a great weekend planned for us. We were going to take a couple of hours to settle in. Go out to eat, then I wanted to take us on a tour of Hawaii before relaxing on the beach after a nice swim. Well, he can swim, I can't swim but I like to dip my feet in the water.

On his birthday, I'm waking him up with breakfast in bed, followed by ziplining. Then snorkeling with Dolphins and Turtles. Parasailing in waikiki, then a break before we go out to eat at The Original Roy's in Hawaii Kai.

The plane landed at one thirty, Hawaii time and we had went through their airport security and met are driver to take us to the villa. The villa was much bigger in person and had so much beauty to it. I smiled and tipped the driver, while he sped off in happiness. I opened the door, while Dylan carried our bags.

I asked him if he wanted his parents here as well and he told me, Julia is planning something Saturday so it's only a three day trip.

After carrying in just my luggage alone he plopped on our bed, sighing in relief. "Damn babe, what all did you pack? We're only here for three days."

"Yeah, baby but we are going to New Jersey, so I thought I'd pack extra for that." I mentioned, causing him to nod.

"Right." He said, dragging his feet to go bring in the rest of our bags. Once he spent about twenty minutes bringing the rest of the bags in, he laid out on our bed. I began to change for my festivities lined up and once I was finished, my boyfriend had gone to sleep.

Instead of being upset, I pulled the cover over him and turned off the lights. I decided to use this time to go over what I've written down in my notes.

untitled no ft yet/

pre chorus
you had me at i'll pay
fast forward to us today
making me love you
having me touch you
driving me insane

hook
never thought id feel this way again
we went from friends to being lovers
i'm just praying its not a game
seems our love never cease to end

you call me late at night, of course im not feeling right
you hear me out, lemme cry
you help me find my inner self
oh baby tonight
tonight is the start
to new beginnings