Eighteen

Imani

I fell asleep after Dylan fingered me to sleep last night. I woke up first, made us some breakfast and we were watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the cartoon.

He had stepped out because he got a phone call and I was finishing up my plate. I changed into my workout wear and started stretching. Dylan came into my home workout area and started reading the script for an audition he got for Marvel.

He told me what he knew about the role before hand. I switched poses and held my position. "My love, I know you aren't intentionally distracting me, but I am distracted."

I stood up and took a sip from my water bottle and left the room. I was done with my workout and I was in desperate need of a snack.

I ate some banana chips and prepared my smoothie for lunch. Today I had a photoshoot with Zendaya. Our managers decided to plan a shoot for us since it was rumored I was joing Euphoria.

Depending how the auditions go and filming, Sam himself said that if I want to stay on the official cast then he'd write a more appropriate role for me.

I had about two hours before I had to head to Z's house since we were carpooling together. I gathered my phone and keys before going back into the room my boyfriend was.

"Babe. I'm going to make a lunch smoothie, want one?" I asked, my concentrated lover.

"Always, baby. Hey, can you run some lines with me." He responded. I nodded as he handed me the script. I cleared my throat and he shot me a look. "I'm ready."

"Did you think I would've said something- I mean come on Sam who do think-" I read off the page.

"No, not at all Care. I just wanted you to trust me- the real me okay. You have no idea how dangerous this life can get." He moved closer to be and held my face in his hand.

Instinctively, I held onto his hand and matvhed his emotion. "I understand the danger. For you, no risk is too much."

The scene was through and he stayed in character before smiling. "Wow, kitty. I didn't know you had it in you. I'm so proud of you." He kissed me and I smiled.

"I told you I've been in movies before. I just don't see my whole career in acting. Just to get people familiar with me and my work." I mentioned. He nodded and held my hand.

"Right. You're so smart." I playfully nudged his shoulder and left the room.

"Going to make my lunch, now actor." I dismissed, walking back downstairs. An hour passed and I have my smoothie in my hand as I watch TikToks.

My boyfriend stomps downstairs and groans loudly. "Imani! IMANI!"

I placed my smoothie down and narrowed my eyes at him. "Dylan."

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to be in Euphoria?" My spastic mate questioned.

"Because I haven't officially decided if I was going to do the role." I answered. He then narrowed his eyes at me.

"This is the role, babe! This could be great for you!" Dylan defended. I sighed and sipped my smoothie. "You will demolish that part."

"I know I'm capable of being a great actress. I want to be known for my music. I've already went through the acting to get my name out there- now I'm working on my debut album, babe." I reminded. His face was sympathetic as he sat next to me.

"I understand baby. I do. I will support whatever decision you make, just think about it." Dylan interjected.

"Well, filming starts next week, so I have until Friday to text Sam." I mentioned. Z texted me letting me know she's out the shower. I grabbed my keys and kissed Dylan goodbye. "On my way to pick Z up for our photoshoot, we'll be done around six. You still want me to make gumbo tonight?"