Sixteen

so... for those of you who DONT follow me.. you probably dont know but this is the SECOND TIME im writing this chapter... it was soooo good.. but my dumb self deleted it now im back to square one.

also i dont wanna hear ANY complaints about this damn chapter because i beat myself up about it enough.

enjoy

Imani

April 10th 2021

We made to Diamonté's house and the music was booming from the outside. Toni and I had pregamed before we left so I was a little tipsy. With my drunk shades on I entered the party with Vic who was DD and Toni who was my road dog.

Di answered the door drunk out her ass. "My babies! Hi, y'all are so pretty. Vic your boobies look nice."

Vic smiled as she had Hazel in her carrier. "Hazel baby, hi." Di sung. "Well I'm going to let Vic get settled in while you two join shot o'clock." She dragged us over to this table and handed us shots.

Toni smelled it and gagged. "You two are truly cynical. I'm taking this shot though."

I grabbed two shots and took them back to back. Everyone around the table looked at me and I shrugged. As the after taste burned my throat I let the music take over my body. Di grabbed me and led me to these group of persons. "Since you are new to the industry, this is my cousin Zaytoven."

I smiled and held out my hand only for him to give me a hug. "Damn Di, where you been hiding her?"

"Don't you got a wife?" She said dismissing him. We then went to another group of people and it was Chloe from Chloe and Halle. She hugged me and I hugged her back.

"Hi, omg it's so nice to meet you in person not over Zoom." She exclaimed. I nodded in agreement.

"I know right! It feels different but in a good way, what you sipping on?" I asked.

"Some punch Di made, it's really good. I feel like it's too good." She admitted. I laughed and I see my friend hand me a cup.

"I know you like more liquor than juice in yours so I fixed it." Doja said handing me a bedazzled cup with my name on it.

"Thank you boo." I said while talking to Chloe. She is a really sweet person to talk to. We exchanged numbers then she went to the bathroom. I was just dancing by myself and Doja joins me.

"I have someone I want you to meet." She said in my ear. I nodded and allowed her to pull me through the crowd. "Abel, Imani. Imani, Abel."

"Hi." I greeted, extending my hand towards him. He grabbed my hand and left a soft kiss. The Weeknd. Abel Tesfaye just kissed my fucking hand.

"You must be the Imani, she's been talking to me about. I have heard great things, Amala has spoken alot about you." He said, gesturing for me to sit next to him. After awhile we found ourselves lost in conversation and he even gave me a half smile.

We exchanged numbers, he kissed my cheek and left since he had a photo shoot to go to in the morning. I was fangirling after he left and I couldn't believe it.

Jumpin' Jumpin' x Destiny's Child played and I got up. This will forever be my song. Doja and I found each other and we were dancing together, while singing the words. The music had stopped playing and I took a sip of my drink. Di took the mic and she was fixing herself.

"How are my people doing tonight? I just want to thank you all for coming out and supporting this blessing of a woman, Imani Chanel. This girl right there is a hard working woman- a boss and ever since I met her a few years back, we've been thick as thieves. Not a day has passed where I don't thank God for bringing her into my life. We're not just friends at this point, we're family and I love you. You deserve all the success, support and love." My friend said, clinking her glass, while everyone else cheered. The music resumed and Doja held my hand while Diamonté walked over to us.