Thirty Eight

author's note: omg thank y'all for 5k+ reads!!!! when i first started this story i was nervous. usually my main character's are yt and are based of my fav shows. i wanted to write and make my race be the stars, no struggling, no hood or stereotypical beginning.

because not all black women experience that. i wanted to create a universe where all the black people are stars and important. so when people that were my age reading, have something to enjoy.

once again, thank you for supporting this story- thank you for being here and reading.

im typing too much- enjoy this chapter :)

Imani

I was talking to my lawyer about the case I was currently building against the men who have been harrassing me. She was scheduling a conference for the next week, so I can give a piece of my mind to the Los Angeles Police Department and also their state government.

"Listen Imani, I can always cancel this. After doing this people tend to set that person as a target." Lauren warned as I scooped the rest of the steak bites onto Dylan's plate.

My phone was on speaker as I made Dylan's dinner, he had just got home from filming. I was cooking while he was in the shower, Lauren called me once she booked the conference- which brings us to this moment.

"I appreciate your concern Lauren, but this is something I have to do. There are people that look like me, going through worse. If me speaking out against the very people who claim to protect us, gives them hope I'm gonna do it." I stated, placing my fiancé's plate on the table. I fixed his side salad, after washing my hands.

"Okay, Imani. You're gonna have protection at all times." Lauren says.

"I would love that, especially knowing how our beloved government works. Well I'll talk to you later, Dylan just came downstairs." I said, taking Lauren off of speakerphone. My fiancé wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck.

The phone hung up and I sat it on the counter. "How'd that go?"

"As you expect, they aren't taking it to trial. Lauren just decided to hold a press conference instead with the government of California." I informed as I fixed my plate of salad and crab meat.

"That's some bullshit!" he grabbed my hand and kissed it. "Baby, I'm so sorry, I wish there was more to do."

"Love, you've done so much for me. From calling the department yourself to posting on your Twitter, contacting your lawyers. I appreciate you and I love you." My voice was shaky as I smiled.

"I am going to do more, kitty. You deserve to be treated like the queen you are. Not to be harassed because of your skin complexion- it's fucking ridiculous." Dylan says taking a bite into his food. A moan instantly left his mouth and I laughed. "Damn, the flavor. I love you."

He leaned over to kiss my cheek and I smiled. "I love you, now eat!" My fork stabbed my salad and I watched as he demolished the steak bites and asparagus.

"Why the hell do we go out to eat, when you can cook like this?" I rolled my eyes and ate my crab salad.

"Because when I work all day I'm too tired. I love cooking, you know this, but sometimes I want to go out." I reminded him as he smiled.

"Right, do you want to go to Nobu tomorrow? Tyler and Crystal invited us." Dyl asked and I looked at him incredulously.

"Wow, haven't heard those names in a while." I said, sipping my lemonade. "Yeah, I'd love to go."

"I know right. I think because we just started filming and they want to catch up." Dylan started before licking his plate clean.

I grabbed it before he breaks the plate and he licks his lips at me. I gave him a knowing look and went to put the dish in the sink. "Come on babe." I heard him whine behind me. His muscular arms wrapped around me and he leaned in the crook of my neck. "I know I said I could wait until our honeymoon-" he paused and I felt him examine my ass.