Thirty-Nine

Imani

It's been a few weeks after Meg's party fiasco and I haven't seen them in a while—besides Ari and Vic. Occasionally Amala comes by with random gifts. The three of us speak every day, but everyone else not so much.

I was working with my wedding planner at the moment for the engagement party in a couple of days. We sent out the invites/evites two weeks ago. I was about to go to my dress fitting, when I got a call from my brother.

He was basically asking about plus ones— which I was gonna do until the whole, engagement e-vites leaked. I told him to give me the information of whoever he wanted to bring to make sure it wasn't a reporter.

"How about these for the center piece?" he asked holding up the ones I chose. I thought about it before nodding.

I'm at that point in planning, and filming— while helping someone write their album. I will agree with pretty much anything. "That's fine." he went to type it into his computer while I sighed and moved into the backyard.

My planner got the hint that I wanted to take a break, so I was outside for clear twenty minutes. I mean, life has been spectacular — Dylan and I have been spending so much time together. No huge arguments or fights, I've been gaining more recognition for my album— doing talk shows and performing live.

I just feel I don't know. "Hey." I didn't even have to turn around to know who it was.

"Hey girl." I said as the Italian woman sat in front of me. "How long you're gonna be here today?" knowing she was probably staying the night again. Dalton was currently in New York right now helping clients and visiting family, Ari would get lonely and since we stayed the closest— she would pop up.

"Probably until the weekend." I nodded and started to gaze into space. "Hey, Ima– you okay?"

I sighed and smiled. "No, these past few weeks have been terrible to my mental health. The perfectionist side of me wants to be hands on with the wedding, live shows, filming and organizing my collection."

She reached out to hold my hand and I tried not to think about it. "Sounds like you need a break. When was the last time you went to the spa?"

"I can't think of a recent time." she stood up and I looked at her. "Then it's settled, I'll call the girls— it's an impromptu spa day."

"— I don't know, Ari.. there still has to be—"

"No, Imani." she interrupted me. "You haven't been off a full day in months. We're going to the spa and then out tonight, you need to relax."

I laughed at her tone before nodding. "Okay Mrs. Grande-Gomez."

"Watch it." she warned.

________________

After sending Dion home for the day, I was now waiting on Ariana to get ready while Doja and Vic were on the way. My phone started vibrating and it was Di. "Hey boo."

"Hi," I said kissing the camera.

"Ew, cooties." her nose scrunched. "What you about to get into?"

"Ari planned a spa date and some other shit she won't tell me." I answered, scrolling through my photos. "— apparently I have been stressed and overworking."

"Girl, you preaching to the choir." she said as she was getting her nose contoured. "— I'll probably meet y'all later, wherever."

"Ari said she was gonna buy some bottles and do something over here." I mentioned as she smirk.