the african coast

"don't compare me with stark! it's a thing with me. stark is, he's a sickness!"

thor, mystique, iron man, and captain america all approached ultron and his little helpers.

"ah junior, you're gonna break your old man's heart." tony joked.

"if i have to."

"we don't have to break anything." thor said to ultron.

"clearly you've never made an omelet before." ultron replied.

"he beat me by one second." tony said while looking at thor and alice.

"ah, this is funny, mr. stark. it's what, comfortable? like old times?" a blonde boy said while looking at explosives below them and alice recognized him immediately.

"this was never my life."

"you two can still walk away from this." alice said to the twins.

"oh we will." wanda maximoff said while glaring at alice.

"we know you've suffered." steve said and ultron yelled in annoyance.

"uuughh! captain america. god's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. i can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..."

"if you believe in peace let us keep it." thor interrupted him.

" i think you're confusing peace with quiet." ultron commented. alice and pietro kept eye contact.

"uh-huh. what's the vibranium for?" stark asked while looking at the vibranium that ultron had behind him.

"i'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan—" ultron said and blasted tony into a wall. drones came flying down at thor, steve, and alice.

she shot down as many drones as she could. she saw blue blurs going around again and figured she needed pay back. she leaned against a wall and once the blur came by she would stick her ankle out to trip pietro.

surprisingly it worked. the boy went flying but got up quickly and approached alice.

"bet you didn't see that coming, huh?"  she said to him while throwing a punch. he speeded behind her attempting to choke her but she grabbed his hands and flipped him over her head and he fell onto his back. "that's payback for almost killing me."

she walked towards him and was about to punch him but he got away.

some of klaues men started attacking too, so she had to move fast.

"thor status?" steve asked into comms.

"the girl tried to warp my mind. take special care, i doubt a human could keep her at bay. fortunately-" he went silent.

wanda went after natasha and steve successfully, next was alice.

"steve? nat?" alice said into comms. she turned the corner to find pietro holding vibranium. she held up her gun but it fell to the ground instantly. and so did her body. someone was in control of her mind.

"this is going very well." ultron said while packing up vibranium.

alice was sitting in a subway on her way back home, her parents picked her up from school.

"al, when we get home i can help you with your puzzle if you'd like."

"ok!" a younger version of alice was sitting next to her dad holding his hand.

"and i'll make spaghetti and we can watch a barbie movie." her mom told her.

alice was so excited she was gonna have a great night with her family.

the train went to a stop, this was their stop. the three stood up and started squeezing into other people trying to get through.

"excuse us"

"i'm sorry excuse me."

the subway doors opened.

two men on the other side of the doors were wearing ski masks.

alice's dad froze.

"no more mutants."  one of the men said.

he pulled out a gun and alice close her eyes.

when she opened them she saw her dad with a wound right between his eyes. everything was in slow motion; he fell slowly back into the subway.

civilians screamed.

alice and her mother gasped.

her mother used her abilities to get them to safety.

she was in her bedroom.

"stay in here."

alice.

alice.

alice wake up.

"alice wake up!" alice opened her eyes quickly and started heavy breathing. "oh my- jesus are you okay?"

"come on let's go." he said grabbing alice and putting her arm over his shoulder and bringing her over to natasha.

"nat, i could really use a lullaby." tony said into comms.

"that's not gonna happen for awhile. the maximoff girl really messed up alice and nat."

on the jet

"the news is loving you guys. nobody else is. there's been no official call for banner's arrest, but it's in the air." maria told tony.

"stark relief foundation?"

"already on the scene. how's the team, is alice okay?" maria asked.

"everyone's...she..we took a hit. we'll shake it off."

"well for now i'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here."

"so, run and hide?"

"uh..until we can find ultron, i don't have a lot else to offer" maria confessed.

"neither do we." tony ended the call

"hey, wanna switch out?" tony asked clint who was driving the jet.

"no, i'm good. if you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out."

"from where?"

"a safe house."