sokovia

"clear the city! we are under attack!" pietro yelled after speeding into the police station and then running outside. none of the officers reacted and stayed calm.

he speeded back inside but this time holding a rifle up, shooting at the ceiling. "get off your asses." he said and all the officers evacuated.

wanda and alice were outside helping people evacuate. wanda used her mind powers to make people leave their houses and alice led them to safety.

"come on! this way everyone." she said leading them to a different side of the city.

"all they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. but we can do our best to protect them. and we can get the job done, and find out what ultron's been building. we find romanoff, and we clear the field. keep the fight between us. ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. this isn't just about beating him. it's about whether he's right." steve explained the plan to everyone.

alice was on the bridge when ultron's clones started to attack the city.

"go!"

"get off the bridge!" wanda yelled.

alice ran off the bridge when the floor started to crack. she ran onto the side with all the avengers. her and steve knocked bots down, steve used his shield, mystique used her hands and her guns.

"cap, mystique, you got incoming." tony told the two. "incoming already came in. stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely." mystique replied

"the rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. you get hurt, hurt 'em back. you get killed, walk it off." steve said into comms.

steve and thor were at the bridge grabbing civilians that almost fell off. steve pulled a woman up and mystique helped her across the bridge to safety. a bot crept up behind steve.

"you can't save them all, you'll never-" a bot said but was cut off my mystique throwing it off of the bridge.

"you'll never what? you didn't finish!" she yelled. thor landed on the bridge and greeted mystique. "what, were you napping?" steve asked him.

the three killed bots but suddenly ultron came over. "thor...you're bothering me!"

"we're all clear here!" clint said.

"we are not clear! we are very not clear." mystique replied while shooting at robots.

pietro and wanda were all grouped up fighting bots. wanda used her powers to crush the bots.

"hold your fire!"

one of the police officers didn't get the memo and accidentally shot mystique in the shoulder, but since she heals faster it didn't hurt that bad but she made a face at the officer and he widened his eyes.

"come on guys." she said leading wanda and pietro to steve.

he was talking to fury and romanoff. a huge helicarrier appeared in the sky with lifeboats flying towards the flying sokovia.

pietro speeded towards the edge. "this is shield?"

"this is what shields supposed to be" alice replied.

"this is not so bad." pietro said looking at her. "let's load them up." she said.

once everyone was loaded up all the avengers went to protect the core so ultron wouldn't get it.

"avengers, time to work for a living."

"romanoff? you and banner better not be playing "hide the zucchini." tony joked

"relax shell head. not all of us can fly. what's the drill?" she said while joining the rest of the team.

"this is the drill. if ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose." stark said pointing to the vibranium core.

ultron and his bots showed up. "is that the best you can do?" thor yelled.

"you had to ask?" mystique said shaking her head.

"this is the best i can do. this is exactly what i wanted. all of you, against all of me. how could you possibly hope to stop me?" ultron said while summoning hundreds more of his robots.

"well, like the old man said. together." tony said while looking at steve.

the bots came flying into the church attempting to get to the core. but the avengers were pretty good at protecting it.

"we gotta move out. even i can tell the air is getting thin. you guys get to the boats, i'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." steve said.

"what about the core?" mystique asked.

"i'll protect it. it's my job." wanda said and clint, steve, nat, and alice exited the church. but alice stood at the door waiting for pietro.

"i'm not going to leave you here." he said to wanda.

"i can handle this." she said while blasting a robot that started coming at her. "come back for me after everyone is on the boats, not before."

"hmm"

"you understand?" wanda asked.

"you know i'm 12 minutes older than you." he said and wanda and alice chuckled.

"go, you two."

pietro approached alice and picked her up bridal style and sped off to the boats.

a woman was yelling for a boy who was lost. clint saw a boy in the distance who was trapped so he ran to go get him.  as barton is saving the boy ultron flies over and starts shooting. barton turns around to shield the boy from bullets, sacrificing himself. but a blue blur takes them to a different space.

clint turned around and saw pietro with bullets all over his body.

except it wasn't pietro.

"you didn't see that coming?" pietro said but fell to the ground turning blue.

it was mystique. not pietro. steve and the real pietro came by quickly.

pietro rolled mystique onto her back and checked her pulse. "she still has a pulse." he said with his fingers on her neck. mystique put her hand on pietro's and struggled to breath.

"no. no. no, alice keep your eyes open." pietro picked her up and put her in the life boat.

the medics went to her immediately and helped her. but she tiredly closed her eyes. she was exhausted.