3. Johnson Way

"You're trying to tell me something?"

Everybody was stunned. Her husband waltzed over snd snatched her by the arm.

"What's going on? Why you slapped that man?  You don't even know him. Have you been drinking?"

"He's playing bullshit tho."

"Well our guests love his playlist. He's playing something for everybody, dummy."

"Dummy?"

"Don't ruin our big day." He glanced at me. "I apologize for the inconvenience."

"Its no problem. My ex left me and married the side nigga. Can you believe she had me DJ at his wedding party?"

"I'm sorry to hear that."

She shook her head at me.

"How long were you together? "

"This is crazy," she said.

"Have some empathy."

"We were together for eleven years."

"Damn, dawg. What's her name? Anybody I know?"

"Yes. You married her today."

He did a double take. ..
_______________________

Bitches thought I was dope af. Nah, call me Arm and Hammer. In lament terms I'm just baking soda. One thing about me is that I see the signs and I get the hint. My mama didn't raise a fool, so I'm bowing out gracefully and keeping my distance.

She once told me that if they turn on you they were never for you.  Mama, you were right. I don't want NOBODY talking to me about prayer and God because it's the godly folk that are the hypocrites.

Everybody don't deserve me and my dude Mahkail in their lives and tonight I take back my love and my friendship and wish you well in all you do because I'm done being a fool.

I'm too good a person to allow myself to become cold-hearted. Quote of the day. "I only assume things when it's obvious." And like my only sibling told me a few weeks ago. If you want to know what a friend thinks of you, wait until he or she hooks up with someone close to you and watch them pull away.

Only then will you find out everything they never told you. Bro, you we're right. Damn, what a wake up call. I was a fool, but not anymore. God first.

Before income tax checks were mailed out my phone rang off the hook when folk needed something me and Mahkail couldn't afford to give, but we gave it anyway. I wonder when all that money dries up, how many folk gonna call me and Mahkail again. 

So enjoy your parties, trips and cruises, because all your true colors are shining through. I love Kodak moments.  Not once has my extended sisters, brothers, friends called and asked did we need anything.

Sad.

But hey, it's all good. See my smile, our next move will be the best move. (Wink). Mama always said, "Those you call your brothers and sisters are there for a season. Your Mama, good or bad, is there when they leave you."