30

"We already dropped Taehyung off his unit," Namjoon spoke through the phone.

"Dahyun's already there, too," a female voice from the other line replied.

Seokjin darted Namjoon a suspicious glance, wondering who the leader is talking to at this time of the night. The mention of Taehyung's name made him curious all the more. He averted his eyes back to the road as he queried, "Who are you talking to?"

Namjoon had ended the call and shoved his phone back into his bag before he answered calmly, "Jihyo-ssi." He said it nonchalantly as if it was the most normal thing to do.

"Jihyo? Jihyo as in TWICE?"

"Hey, lower down your voice. The others might hear."

"We already heard, obviously," Hoseok spoke from the second-row seat. He and Jimin were the only ones awake since Jungkook and Yoongi had already fallen asleep on their seats.

Seokjin gasped dramatically and slapped Namjoon's shoulder, causing the rapper to frown and complain.

"Are you crazy or what? She's got a boyfriend!" Seokjin exclaimed.

The presumptuous statement awoke the hidden gossiper inside Hoseok and Jimin. The dancer leaned close to hear everything while Jimin quickly poked his head amidst the passenger and driver's seat to be able to partake the hot tea.

"What are you talking about? It's not what you think it is, hyung. Stop it." Namjoon swatted away Seokjin's hand that was about to hit his shoulder again.

The eldest squinted his eyes at the leader, scanning his face to tell if he's lying or not.

"What's with the look? I'm not that kind of person. How could you think of me that way, hyung?" Namjoon pressed a hand over his chest, feigning pain.

"Of course you aren't. Try to do stupid things and I'm gonna shave your head bald." Seokjin retracted his hand and rested it back on the wheel.

"Then what is it?" Jimin asked. "It isn't about a collaboration or something, right?"

"Like we'll be allowed to collaborate with a girl group as famous as TWICE," Seokjin scoffed.

"Is it something about Dahyun and Tae?" Hoseok guessed. "That's the only plausible reason I could think of."

Namjoon hummed, nodding his head lightly. "Jihyo-ssi and I exchanged numbers earlier at SBS Gayo Daejun to discuss things between Taehyung and Dahyun. We agreed to set them up to meet tonight."

The three widened their eyes in disbelief. But Namjoon was telling the truth. He and Jihyo had met earlier in the SBS Gayo venue. Namjoon was the one who approached her and told her about Taehyung's situation. Jihyo did the same and told him how Dahyun wasn't much less different. Concerned for their members, the two leaders took the initiative to move and make their own action plan. They exchanged numbers and agreed on setting up the two idol neighbors to meet on their own complex.

"You're playing cupids?" Hoseok gasped. "They're not kids anymore, Joon."

"I couldn't rely on chance encounters. Somehow someone just needs to get them together to talk."

"What if it wouldn't turn out well? You'll only make their situation worse. I think it isn't right to meddle with their personal matters. They can clear out their misunderstandings on their own." Seokjin was concerned with them sticking their noses to Taehyung and Dahyun's complicated relationship.

"Oh, please. Those two are helpless on their own," Jimin spoke. "One realized his feelings early but was too much of a chicken to confess, while the other one was confused and being in denial. They won't be getting anywhere if they both continue to dodge each other and deny what they truly feel."